The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite]
09-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Question Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite]
Dear PPSSPP forums,

I have been wondering whether it's possible to do the "Import Savedata" function in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, using PPSSPP?

The process on the PSP involves (more or less - been a while since I tried)

1) loading the game
2) creating a "New Game"
3) selecting "Import Savedata from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite"
4) when prompted, ejecting the Memory Stick with the "host" savedata, and inserting another Memory Stick with the "client" savedata, containing the character to be imported.
5) when prompted, ejecting the "client" Memory Stick and replacing the "host" Memory Stick
6) begin the game with the imported character, etc.

The reason I'm asking is that, from what I've tried, this is impossible to do on the PSP without the UMD copy of the game. I happen to own the PSN EBOOT version of the game, and so have been unable to import a character I want.

Does anyone know if this procedure is possible to be done using PPSSPP, and/or how to do it (specifically, the eject/replace Memory Stick parts)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, and thank you for an amazing emulator!
Live long and prosper.

Darth Agnon
Monster Hunter, Planeswalker and Sith
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Memory Stick hotswap savedata import possible? [Monster Hunter Freedom Unite] - Darth Agnon - 09-25-2017 11:39 AM