Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Grand Knights History
06-08-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: Grand Knights History
v0.9.8-1087-gfe58f8d works for me. If that doesn't work for you, can you try more versions in between to see what the first build was that stopped working, and what the last one was that did work?

This is on Windows, right?

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi ya all. I've also tested v0.9.8-1087-gfe58f8d and is working fine during battles. I'd have to watch some video to see if there is any difference between the emulation and the real hardware. But it's very playable now.

I've played it on android (Samsung Galaxy S2)
06-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Photo RE: Grand Knights History
(06-08-2014 08:56 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  v0.9.8-1087-gfe58f8d works for me. If that doesn't work for you, can you try more versions in between to see what the first build was that stopped working, and what the last one was that did work?

This is on Windows, right?

-[Unknown]

Yes, Windows 8 32bits, pentium dual core 2.6ghz, Geforce 9600gt.

Last version published right now (v0.9.8-1088) gives me the same problem. Default settings (untouched) with simulate block transfer enabled. The result is this:

[Image: Pspmal.jpg]

I've been testing previous versions of the emulator. Last version that worked well for me is ppsspp-v0.9.8-1069-gc9261b7-windows-x86. The result was this:

[Image: Pspbien.jpg]

Next Windows 32bit version is v0.9.8-1072-gc3dfb64. Here, it's already wrong. Have into account that the problem might have been introduced in v0.9.8-1071-gf6f8d1d (No 32bit version).

However, I don't understand why you and Rafael_ed haven't got any problems with new versions, so it might be graphic drivers related. But, I insist, it worked well until ppsspp-v0.9.8-1069-gc9261b7-windows-x86 in my computer. Any version more modern than that, it gives me black background and invisible characters in buffered mode (In the three other modes I can see everything but with graphic problems). In ppsspp-v0.9.8-1069-gc9261b7-windows-x86, buffered mode + simulate block transfer perfect, so I don't know what has changed now. Huh
06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Hmm. I have a 9800, so my GPU is not very different from yours.

I guess it must be this:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/commi...c7bafb4121

It seems like this would mean your GPU or driver is having problems with clamp() or mod() in the fragment shader. This particular game isn't (that I know) texturing with UVs that need to clamp or wrap, but it's hard to "know" this in the code. Does it help to upgrade your GPU driver?

-[Unknown]
06-09-2014, 11:12 AM
(06-08-2014 04:32 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It seems like this would mean your GPU or driver is having problems with clamp() or mod() in the fragment shader. This particular game isn't (that I know) texturing with UVs that need to clamp or wrap, but it's hard to "know" this in the code. Does it help to upgrade your GPU driver?

Yes, it does. As we had already suspected, it was driver related problem. As I had a somehow old gpu card (9600gt) and it worked flawlessly with Pc and Ppsspp games, I had little reason to update it till now. But after updating Nvidia drivers to the last version, now this problem has gone and it works well again. Tongue

So, yeah, something happened in Ppsspp code that prevented that the game worked as it did before with my old gpu drivers, but after updating them everything is ok again now. So thank you for listening and for your help. Big Grin Big Grin
06-11-2014, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 09:03 PM by Wyngale.)
Love the improvements and all. Can pretty much perfectly play GKH on rev 0.9.8 1088, but then with newest revs I'm getting some hiccups in some scenes, especially when encountering monsters(everytime), no problems with 1088 rev tho.

Thanks for your work guys, keep it up. Smile
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I just did a short test on android with ver.0.9.8-1154. It seems that the problem in battle is fixed. Full speed. Sound is perfect. Great~! Thanks a lot!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-21-2014, 07:56 AM
I have tried several version but i always have this problem.
When i encounter a fight it is forever on now loading.
07-02-2014, 05:31 AM
v0.9.8-1516-g0f7f00c still bug...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Turn on "simulate block transfers" and use "buffered rendering". If that doesn't help, it means your graphics driver doesn't support enough OpenGL features. Try updating it.

-[Unknown]
07-02-2014, 05:43 AM
worked thanks .
07-04-2014, 03:56 PM
My gfx supports opengl properly.
07-21-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 10:00 AM by liamx2000.)
(07-02-2014 05:40 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Turn on "simulate block transfers" and use "buffered rendering". If that doesn't help, it means your graphics driver doesn't support enough OpenGL features. Try updating it.

-[Unknown]

My emulator is v0.9.8 windows but I can't see the "simulate block transfers" option, all I seem to have is "buffered rendering"

I keep getting black boxes and graphic glitches when running this game like the screen shots others have posted on here.

It's running others games 100% fine like digimon adventure and grand knights runs very smoothly but it's just having trouble with the sprites.

any help would be great and I just checked and my graphic driver is up to date.

EDIT : UPDATE

I just found another emulator with the block transfer option and the game runs perfectly ! phew
this game is amazing I can't believe they have wasted their talent and restricted this game to japan only , thank god for the loyal fans who take the time to translate these games , Now I don't have to play my Japanese psp version on my psp since I have no clue on actually patching and playing on my psp lol.
07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
Simulate block transfers is only available in newer builds: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

0.9.8 stable did not have this feature. If you don't want to use a development build, wait a few more days for 0.9.9 (though it won't be much different than development builds are now; it's more of a formality than anything).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Is there a Cheat available to allow you to keep your Original Team (not send them to War) since this is pretty much a single player game now anyways?

Would like to just be able to finish the original single player game since there doesn't appear to be a romhack that looks to change around anything to fix multiplayer (private server, adhoc, etc..) or focus the game on singleplayer.