Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FF Crisis Core Help
08-25-2017, 01:16 AM
FF Crisis Core Help
Hi all, I just downloaded PPSSPP today for my PC, just to play Final Fantasy Crisis Core, and Monster Hunter. I set it up the best I could, but I noticed that the cutscenes for FF Crisis Core looks pixelated at full scene. The rest of the game looks great through, is this normal, or do I have something in the settings off, or should I just use a smaller window size. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Information RE: FF Crisis Core Help
Pre-rendered cutscenes will always be pixelated as they're basically a low-res video made for the PSP.

However if you mean in-game cutscenes then that's a pretty weird problem. I couldn't help you there as I don't have the game.

Just for reference, Pre-rendered cutscenes tend to have movie-like quality assets, take the intro for example:

In-game cutscenes use the game's own assets and look like PSP games
08-26-2017, 03:34 AM
RE: FF Crisis Core Help
(08-26-2017 12:56 AM)Goshorai Wrote:  Pre-rendered cutscenes will always be pixelated as they're basically a low-res video made for the PSP.

However if you mean in-game cutscenes then that's a pretty weird problem. I couldn't help you there as I don't have the game.

Just for reference, Pre-rendered cutscenes tend to have movie-like quality assets, take the intro for example:

In-game cutscenes use the game's own assets and look like PSP games

Its the Movie one's. The in-game ones seem fine. I may just have to play at a smaller res to make em look crisp.
08-26-2017, 02:53 PM
PSP native resolution is 480x272, even a small screen phone has a higher resolution this nowadays, of course it will look bad on a PC which generally has a 1360x768 or higher resolution.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Video scaling seems interesting, but probably limited to post process shaders, I'm thinking something alike:
(~FFIV was the only FF I had on my list now, click/open in full res to see filtering, applied to the left side only)
[Image: 87Rs6UR.jpg][Image: LYvTvBO.jpg]
[Image: UfKyogp.jpg]
[Image: xWWlA1t.jpg]
[Image: 3lXFrH5.jpg]

Nothing can add proper high definition to sd image through so at best it smooths out the pixelization without adding tons of blur which movies often have anyway. Whenever the result is an improvement is very subjective, imo movies look nice smoothed, much better when playing than on static screenshots, but many people would rather stare at pixels and that's fine.:]

Unfortunately such filters wouldn't really work well currently, since heavy smoothing would definitely not look nice in any 3D game. Optimally we would need a change in ppsspp to pass info about video playing being passed to post process shaders then apply different filtering to videos and the game, not sure how dependable video detection would even be since psp has some weird uses for videos which complicates things. Also don't really have much time for hobby recently, so it's just random idea for now.;c

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.