Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP!!!
08-24-2017, 06:16 AM
PLEASE HELP!!!
So I've downloaded this app purely to play Monster hunter freedom unite.. Since I started playing on this emulator I have thought the "save state" and "load state" buttons are much too close together.. ALSO there isn't any notification saying "are you sure you want to save/overwrite?"
To avoid saving over my entire game accidently I have always saved my game twice in two different save states..
Today! Like a stoned fool, I allowed my muscle memory to save over **BOTH** games with a new game file .. So instead of loading one game i erased over 80 hours of gameplay!!!!!!!!
Please help guys!! Tell me there's a way to rewind my game clock or undo my last save or SOMETHING technical that isn't obvious to me!!!
I'm sure I'm also not the first to fall prey to this game killing save/load trap..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: PLEASE HELP!!!
Unfortunatelly there's no way to recover overwritten saved state, I also had this same problem some time ago. A confirmation message would be a nice thing to devs to implement on emulator, also the emulator should automaticly make a backup of last saved state for security.

But I recommend you to always use the save game even you're using the save state. Native save never fails, but save states is very unstable and uncompatible with newer emulator versions.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-30-2017, 06:39 AM
Know this is a little old but you can configure your controls for instance have save state on F1 and load State on F6 i setup my controller to have save state on left analog button and load on right Analog button and R2 for next slot.
08-31-2017, 01:39 AM
(08-30-2017 06:39 AM)Clariska Wrote:  Know this is a little old but you can configure your controls for instance have save state on F1 and load State on F6 i setup my controller to have save state on left analog button and load on right Analog button and R2 for next slot.
Hi Clariska,
What you say about the F1 and F6 are a great idea, BUT.....................
I don't recommend placing savestate load & save on the L3 or R3 buttons, of your PS2/PS3 or PS4 pad.
as you may have a moment of stressful gaming, being attacked from 3 creatures at once in Monster Hunter, and finding that you have pressed in the Left Analogue Button (L3) by accident, losing your last savestate.
Best thing to do is to put Pause on the R3 button, only then the Statestate menu, will be available to use, but only then.
As for L3, i leave that blank. Cool