Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
09-12-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 09:11 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
It was just a crap shoot for me. I think I liked around on Google with the search tag tactics ogre let us cling together now loading issue. After a bit of research I just figured I needed a 'patched' version of the game. Sorry I can't be much more use, it's been awhile since I downloaded it and I've already uninstalled the torrent service I had gotten it from and I can't remember the exact name of the file.

Edit by vnctdj : Piracy is not allowed on our forum, please respect the rules.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2014, 02:06 AM
Disable Multithreaded
Disable I/O on thread
Disable Fast memory

And it will works fine! Smile
09-21-2014, 07:35 PM
Welp... i still can't solve the problem with the blocky sprites, nothing seems to work, and i've tried these "patched" versions, but nada... Everything else is fine, the sprites even look good in the menu, map etc... but my units and the battlefield are all pixelated. I don't know what to do. Unless i've been using the wrong "patched" versions i'm going to have to give up on this on my tablet.
09-22-2014, 12:27 AM
(09-21-2014 07:35 PM)eah777 Wrote:  Welp... i still can't solve the problem with the blocky sprites, nothing seems to work, and i've tried these "patched" versions, but nada... Everything else is fine, the sprites even look good in the menu, map etc... but my units and the battlefield are all pixelated. I don't know what to do. Unless i've been using the wrong "patched" versions i'm going to have to give up on this on my tablet.

Delete the patch.

And play the game, make sure you have a working copy of the game.
10-08-2014, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 03:16 PM by Korashia.)
Hello everyone a quick status of the playablity of game:

Playable as of GIT 9.9.9.1-602-g2fae8d (it has been playable for a while)

With openGL mode I experienced lag during turn selection ~(-20%) highlighting a character and most menus.

I have also noted that using the setting: rendering backend to direct3d has eliminated the crash in the intro caused from minimapping issue. Using direct x lets the game play with minimapping option enabled. massive speedup
I see this mode may still be experimental and may break(fix some possibly?

For fps improvement disable simulate block transfer great improvements for this game with no known effects

Not extensively tested with direct x mode yet (first three battles were smooth 100% speed.

I have lower end laptop and these are the special settings i prefer.
windows 7 64 bit
Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Rendering mode 1x
window size 2x
I am able to play with 2x in game rendering but the start movie is a bit laggy
but 2x rendering causes jaggies while 1x causes mild stretch(blurs looks better)

Using hyperthreading option causes crash so avoid use of that.
11-02-2014, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 01:25 AM by k4k4shi.)
Stopped working(detail)
I am playing tactics ogre let us cling together.
I played it for few hours and then I lost in one mission and restarted the game.
Now in the middle of the first level, i get the error ppsspp has stopped working. It worked fine last time but now it gives me error.

How am i suppose to get details for this error?
Thanks!

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_rtm.120725-1247)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: X451CAP
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/26/13 11:13:17 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1934MB RAM
Page File: 2012MB used, 1905MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_13DD1043&REV_09
Display Memory: 742 MB
Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
Shared Memory: 710 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.003Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.3062 (English)

NVM reinstallation FIXED this issue
11-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-16-2014, 07:33 PM
(10-08-2014 08:16 PM)Korashia Wrote:  Hello everyone a quick status of the playablity of game:

Playable as of GIT 9.9.9.1-602-g2fae8d (it has been playable for a while)

With openGL mode I experienced lag during turn selection ~(-20%) highlighting a character and most menus.

I have also noted that using the setting: rendering backend to direct3d has eliminated the crash in the intro caused from minimapping issue. Using direct x lets the game play with minimapping option enabled. massive speedup
I see this mode may still be experimental and may break(fix some possibly?

For fps improvement disable simulate block transfer great improvements for this game with no known effects

Not extensively tested with direct x mode yet (first three battles were smooth 100% speed.

I have lower end laptop and these are the special settings i prefer.
windows 7 64 bit
Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Rendering mode 1x
window size 2x
I am able to play with 2x in game rendering but the start movie is a bit laggy
but 2x rendering causes jaggies while 1x causes mild stretch(blurs looks better)

Using hyperthreading option causes crash so avoid use of that.
Disabling simulate block transfer creates minor glitches for me - like sometimes some skills graphics are not rendered properly, but with weird blocky lines etc. (default settings + FXXA + turn off simulate block transfer).
So there Smile

k4k4shi, when exactly the error happens? The most common Tactics Ogre crash I can think off is just after first tutorial 1-round fight - does it happend there? If yes, did you try selecting the Install Data (Data Installation? Memoria fragilis est...) in the in-game menu?
11-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Korashia we have same card Big Grin
11-23-2014, 12:41 PM
PLEASE HELP!!!

I have this game for windows and when i want to start it, its say 'could not find executable disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN'

What can i do?

Thanks and sorry for my english, Im still learning.
12-02-2014, 07:00 PM
So after using the Performance Maximizing guide for my Android phone and getting this game to work properly, I decided I'd want to play it on my computer as well. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, it doesn't function correctly. If I have non-buffered rendering, I can see things until I get to a battle and then nothing but dialogue boxes show. If I use buffered rendering, all I get is a black screen. I'm not sure what options to select or deselect to have the game function properly. I tried using the same settings as my phone, but unfortunately, those don't work either. Now when I load the game with non-buffered rendering, the game crashes after I start a new game. I have no Logs folder to get crash logs either.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz

I've read the "PPSSPP options explained" but I'm not well versed in the acronyms or lingo. I don't know exactly what certain options do on the graphics settings or the system settings, so I'm unsure what to do. I got the buffered rendering to work on my phone, so I'm frustrated that nothing I've done for the last hour makes it work on my PC. Any elaboration and assistance would be great, thanks.
12-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I am trying to play tactics ogre on my android. I have managed to play many other titles on my phone but for some reason tactics ogre wont run. it loads and then crashes before even getting to the main menu. I have tried every combination of settings found on here and then everything i could think of, but it wont run.
I have a samsung galaxy s3 and i ran the game a while back but since then deleted it and ppsspp because i ran out of space on my phone. but now i wish to play the game again. Im not sure if it is an issue with the current ppsspp version or what, but i am able to run the game fine on my pc with the default settings. i even tried to play the game on pc and start a game and get past where it crashed on android, then save and copy the savestate to my phone. but when i load the state on my phone it pauses and the screen is black and it crashes.
Any help would be appreciated.

tl;dr: Can someone help me run this on my android? like the settings used exactly?
12-12-2014, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2014 06:35 PM by r1c47.)
Wink RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
(12-11-2014 06:52 PM)C4M3R0N808 Wrote:  I am trying to play tactics ogre on my android. I have managed to play many other titles on my phone but for some reason tactics ogre wont run. it loads and then crashes before even getting to the main menu. I have tried every combination of settings found on here and then everything i could think of, but it wont run.
I have a samsung galaxy s3 and i ran the game a while back but since then deleted it and ppsspp because i ran out of space on my phone. but now i wish to play the game again. Im not sure if it is an issue with the current ppsspp version or what, but i am able to run the game fine on my pc with the default settings. i even tried to play the game on pc and start a game and get past where it crashed on android, then save and copy the savestate to my phone. but when i load the state on my phone it pauses and the screen is black and it crashes.
Any help would be appreciated.

tl;dr: Can someone help me run this on my android? like the settings used exactly?

No setting configuration will help you as the problem is due to an issue with the latest builds.
You may try build:
buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=get&rev=v0.9.9.1-892-ge43c7af&platform=android
It should load the main menu and everything.

If that one loads battle sprites with blocky textures you may then try build:
buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=get&rev=v0.9.8-1069-gc9261b7&platform=android
Ignore the guy saying it can be fixed with an image patch, there's no such thing.

The last build I tried was 0.9.9.1-1100 a few days ago though, so I don't know if it's been fixed in the last few builds yet.
12-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Can you verify that it stopped working for you in the same build noted here, and started crashing in the same build as well?

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7150

-[Unknown]
12-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Information RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
To the people who were also having problems with blocky sprites, try the latest build v0.9.9.1-1190-gd9e543f(buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=get&rev=v0.9.9.1-1190-gd9e543f&platform=android) and write whether it worked or not.