Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
02-25-2014, 05:42 AM
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
Why does my game look kinda ugly the sprite looks all blocky...
I see the psp version it looks so pretty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 04:35 AM
This is really amazing, it's so nice to be able to play my PsP again after the thing broke a few years ago. Sadly I do keep running into an issue with Tactics Ogre though. After the first 'battle' in the beginning of the game (The first conversation with Lanselot Hamilton) ends and they all go off-screen the emulator will crash every time. Sad

I have no idea if I've done something wrong, but I'd greatly appreciate help. It's so sad to be teased with one of my favorite games of all time like that. ^-^;

v0.9.7.2, Windows Vista x64
03-12-2014, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 04:49 AM by solarmystic.)
(03-12-2014 04:35 AM)amywalker730 Wrote:  This is really amazing, it's so nice to be able to play my PsP again after the thing broke a few years ago. Sadly I do keep running into an issue with Tactics Ogre though. After the first 'battle' in the beginning of the game (The first conversation with Lanselot Hamilton) ends and they all go off-screen the emulator will crash every time. Sad

I have no idea if I've done something wrong, but I'd greatly appreciate help. It's so sad to be teased with one of my favorite games of all time like that. ^-^;

v0.9.7.2, Windows Vista x64

First things first, we need some further information to help you:-

a) Your complete system information (Open PPSSPP --> Settings --> System --> Developer Tools --> System Information)

b) Try using the latest dev build from the buildbot. (currently 0.9.7.2-239). Does it still crash after the first 'battle'?

c) The version of the game (US,EU,JPN)

d) Try again using default settings, and disabling Fast Memory. Does it still crash?

I've just played through that portion of the game again (US version) in an attempt to reproduce the crash you've experienced on my system using the latest dev build. No such luck, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
03-26-2014, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2014 01:02 PM by KYnzera.)
At first the game run smoothly, but after 3 battles the program crashes.
It crashes after picking the characters for battle and choosing yes.

Windows 7 x64
PPSSPP 0.9.8
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3Ghz
GPU: ATI HD7770
03-27-2014, 01:54 AM
@KYnzera

Which stage does it crash at? Can you upload your savegame/savestate at the point right before it crashes?

A save before the 3rd battle would be best for testing.

Thanks in advance.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
03-28-2014, 08:38 AM
(03-27-2014 01:54 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  @KYnzera

Which stage does it crash at? Can you upload your savegame/savestate at the point right before it crashes?

A save before the 3rd battle would be best for testing.

Thanks in advance.

The save cannot be loaded, it is scrambled (there is no picture of tactics ogre within the rectangle), so the save is just rubbish.
03-30-2014, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014 06:02 PM by rau89.)
(03-12-2014 04:46 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  First things first, we need some further information to help you:-

a) Your complete system information (Open PPSSPP --> Settings --> System --> Developer Tools --> System Information)

b) Try using the latest dev build from the buildbot. (currently 0.9.7.2-239)[/url]. Does it still crash after the first 'battle'?

c) The version of the game (US,EU,JPN)

d) Try again using default settings, and disabling Fast Memory. Does it still crash?

I've just played through that portion of the game again (US version) in an attempt to reproduce the crash you've experienced on my system using the latest dev build. No such luck, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time.

Hi there solarmystic,

I am having a similar problem to KYnzera and thought I would take a shot at this as well.

As for system information, I have an LGE Nexus 4, 4 cores, GPU: Qualcomm - Adreno ™ 320, OpenGL ES 3.0 [email protected], OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00.

I am using the latest build as of today v0.9.8-193-gf55c81f and I am playing the US version of the game.

I have tried turning Fast Memory on/off (and messed around with various other system settings as well with no success).

The crash occurs after choosing characters for the 3rd battle (Qadriga Fortress) and selecting "yes" to start the battle. I do not know where the save states are located, so if you let me know where I can find those, I can upload one here.

Thanks for all your help!
04-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Hello there, i have the same problem.. it seems the game crashes on the second battle (almorica castle) ..

using a Note 3 and the latest v0.9.8 version.. is there any possible setting to get through it ?.
04-09-2014, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 09:43 PM by moosecandle.)
I have the same problem on v0.9.8, lg g2 unrooted. Crashes every time going into almorica castle gates battle. I also have an additional problem that i havent seen mentioned in the thread yet. Loading a hard savegame is broken for me. With fast mem on, it immediately crashes, and with fast mem off it seems to be stuck at the loading screen. Save states have worked thus far, but i haven't really gotten anywhere in the game because of the aforementioned pre-battle crashes Sad
04-09-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 11:26 PM by moosecandle.)
WHOA okay I just figured it out. Sorry for the double post but this is too big of a breakthrough for an edit. All of my problems turned out to be due to a botched data install i did when i first booted the game. I just deleted what i assume was the file (data.bin maybe? I can't remember what it was called but for me it was in a folder called ULES01500SQEXTACO in the savedata directory) created when i first tried the game data install, and now not only can i load my normal savegame, but i can now battle without crashing!!! Not sure if this will help others here with the "crash before almorica" problem but i figured I'd share my bonehead mistake anyway. Cheers Smile
04-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Hey I have a problem with this game. When it starts it gives me a black screen and says PPSSPP has stopped working cant even get to the main menu.

playing on android 4.3
PPSSPP Ver 9.8 latest
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

PS. im using EUR version of TO
04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Android 4.3
Samsung Galaxy S2
Crashes immediately after first battle.

Tried with a few of the latest versions, as well as some versions listed in this thread with various suggested settings. Fastmem on/off has no visible effect, I try with both. Turning Dynarec (JIT) off prevents crashing, but PPSSPP freezes completely. It does the same thing after opening scene in Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions as well.

I have tried multiple game sources with the same result so I'm certain it isn't the rom. I haven't tried any other games.
04-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Doesnt crash at mine S3 4.4.3 but im annoyed and idk how to pass it mayby the reason why im dying in that battle is that i used exp multiplier cwcheat? But that shouldnt have anything to do with gameplay i think... anyway anyone knows if cheats might have something to gameplay?(moment after creating a clan) battle to defeat some mage wiyh help of bird man healer and handsome guy Big Grin

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
04-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Does anyone know if this game is playable on an android device from beginning to end with MINIMAL glitches???
04-27-2014, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2014 05:40 PM by el chino.)
Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this black line? ttp://i.imgur.com/pSSM5HP.jpg
EDIT: It won't allow me to post the image... just put a h in front of the url for the screen.
The game was working 100% fine on a previous version. But since updating to the latest version, this black line is here. I havn't played enough to see if anything else is wrong though.