Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.6 Average
Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
12-26-2014, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 09:07 AM by AbnormallyNormal.)
RE: Tactics ogre : Let us cling together
Hi I am using the newest build available on the PPSSPP site (for Windows). My problem with playing Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together is mostly just the sound. By turning off mipmap as I read in this thread, I was able to make the sound become a LOT less horrible but it's still not really "normal sounding", i.e. it's kind of stuttery and a bit "off" overall. Is there anything else I can do to improve the sound? I just began to play the game so I'm not sure if there will be any other problems but so far the sound seems to be the major issue. Thanks in advance for any help

Oh right my computer LOL well its an AMD A8-6500? With I think its 3.5 GHz and like 8GB RAM. I know I messed up horribly and AMD sucks compared to Intel for emulating but this is "only" PSP so I don't believe that should be the obstacle?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2014, 08:06 AM
I just downloaded the new build and it seems to run great, almost no audio lag compared to older builds. However it seems that I now get greenish lines boardering the screen and the battles also have what looks like scanlines in them. I have attached a screen cap of what I am trying to describe. I have an AMD Radeon HD4250 graphics card and a AMD p360 dual core processor clocked at 2.3ghz.
12-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Hmm, try renaming Memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini to Memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\backup.ini. This will reset your settings to defaults. If this doesn't help, delete ppsspp.ini and rename backup.ini back. Quit PPSSPP in between both times you mess with the ini.

-[Unknown]
01-04-2015, 06:19 PM
http://imgur.com/q8gEgyV
I'm using the default 0.9.9.1 build and when I started playing I got this.

I'm not even sure how to describe it, and is there any setting change I can do to fix this neon mess?

If I have to I'll just use the latest build but I wish to know if that is necessary, since sometimes whenever a new patch comes up my saves tend to not always stay.
01-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Saves should work fine in the latest build. If they don't, you can always go back to v0.9.9.1. Only break I can think of recently is Gods Eater Burst and we added an option for it.

What graphics card is that with? What device?

-[Unknown]
01-04-2015, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 09:39 PM by hexablue.)
(01-04-2015 09:01 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Saves should work fine in the latest build. If they don't, you can always go back to v0.9.9.1. Only break I can think of recently is Gods Eater Burst and we added an option for it.

What graphics card is that with? What device?

-[Unknown]

I'm using a dell inspiron 15R laptop special edition with an intel core i7 and Intel HD Graphics 4000.
01-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Hmm, Intel graphics card. Make sure your graphics driver is updated and try Direct3D as well as OpenGL (and use the latest git.)

-[Unknown]
01-05-2015, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 12:55 AM by hexablue.)
(01-04-2015 11:42 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Hmm, Intel graphics card. Make sure your graphics driver is updated and try Direct3D as well as OpenGL (and use the latest git.)

-[Unknown]

I have the latest version of DirectX, is that okay?

EDIT: I did another hard reset again and the graphical glitch seemed to be gone for now. Sorry for the inconvenience. I wish I could explain how the emulator with my rig caused such a graphical mess.
01-20-2015, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 03:44 AM by Manabu.)
I have the same problem as Denim (page 16 post 237).

Is there a fix for this yet?

http://textuploader.com/6t3n
v0.9.9.1

It's a pretty severe problem.
01-22-2015, 07:49 PM
i have no huge issues with v0.9.9.1 on windows 8.1, but theres a nuisance im facing, i wish i could catch a screenshot of it but it always goes away when i attempt to do it. My problem is the game spazzes out no sound problem only a little static sound here and there but the letters and graphics spazz out after a little while lets say 3-4 seconds it comes back to normal anyone else have this issue. Any help and private message pertaining the issue is appreciated ty.
01-28-2015, 01:36 AM
Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together
As soon as I run the ISO into the emulator I get to the Square Enix logo then the Basiscape one and the game crashes mysteriously. the only semblance of an error code I get is "Emuthread timed out" Help please?
01-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Tested it on 0.9.9.1 1601 gf1bca47 on PC, default PPSSPP settings

frameskip off
- graphics good
- sounds bad , stuttering

frameskip 1
- graphics horribly flickering, tons of "afterimage"
- sounds good

frameskip 2
- graphic relatively good (very rare flickering but still noticable)
- sounds relatively good (some stutter when a menu is opened)

Then if i switch to Direct3D the problems appears to be the same for frameskip off and frameskip 1, but at frameskip 2, it is much better (much better than at frameskip 2 in OpenGL)
02-06-2015, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 12:22 AM by Ledic.)
Texture scaling on Tactics Ogre
Hi guys
Recently started using PPSSPP and tested Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together (awesome game by the way).
Well I'm using Texture scaling for some smoothed out sprites and terrain. It all looks really good, but sometimes, out of nothing (usually after some effects or after I open the party menu in battle) background textures (i.e. terrain) starts looking like no scaling was applied. The character sprites still look smoothed, but the ground starts to look pixelated and blocky.
I noticed that after I change the scaling settings back and forth a few times it starts fully working again.
I searched the forums but couldn't find any new posts on the topic.
Anyone knows why this happens? Also is there some fix or some option I must turn on/off to make the texture scaling work propperly?
Thanks in advance

Edit: added screenshots: the first one is the one in which the scaling seems to be working correctly. After one in game scene the background comes back like that (screenshot number two)

System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742)
Language: Portuguese (Regional Setting: Portuguese)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/17/12 14:10:32 Ver: 12.03
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Display Memory: 4043 MB
Dedicated Memory: 971 MB
Shared Memory: 3072 MB