Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Solved] Dissidia 12 graphics issue
07-25-2017, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 02:33 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
[Solved] Dissidia 12 graphics issue
1. When using buffered rendering and 1:1 resolution, the game is really slow on android.It only gives 10 fps with 100% speed.That's too bad.With 1×psp resolution, the game is really fast but the graphics becomes really bad and awful. That's not all.

In buffered rendering mode(with whatever settings) graphics doesn't work right when videos are shown in game.In some video's, almost like a 2nd small window opens at the left corner of the screen. And sometimes videos plays very slowly.

2. In non-buffered mode the game is playable with 15 fps,frameskip-1.100% speed.That's ok.

But when delivering our favourite ex-mode special attack,the screen goes really dark.Morever when playing in stage- 'Order's Sanctuary',the screen goes dark as well.That's the best looking stage!That's disgusting and I believe EVERYONE HATES THAT.Ain't I right?

Solving problems for buffered rendering mode and making the game work with 100% speed might be tougher than solving problems for skip buffer mode.

But we would really like to play the game solving any of those problems described above.I personally recommend solving it for skip buffer mode as it has only two problems to be fixed.

Here's the screenshots.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
07-25-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: Dissidia 12 graphics issue
non-Buffer Rendering skips buffer effects (that's why sometimes you'll get black screen), but render graphics to the resolution of Screen Resolution (it's below Rendering Resolution), by defaut it's 2xPSP. If you're using the native resolution of your device on this, and if your device has FHD resolution for example, it'll be too heavy for the GPU.

You said you tried Auto (1:1) and 1xPSP, but did you try 2xPSP? I don't know your screen size, but my phone is 5.5 inches, and 2xPSP resolution (960x544) is good enough to this size.

And a tip to you improve your performance, instead of using frameskiping, which gives a bad gameplay experience, I recommend you to reduce internal CPU clock in System settings of the emulator, it probably will reduce the FPS a little (if you're playing with 15 FPS frameskiped, I guess you won't mind), but the emulation speed will increase.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-27-2017, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2017 02:22 PM by Abdur Rahman.)
1. I know non buffered mode is speed hack and it's awful for graphics.
2. My Android screen in 4.5 inch.
3. I mentioned before that I tried everything(whatever settings).I don't use psp cpu clock.It's on 0.
2×psp resolution is no good either.

Let's make this clear.I tried everything.The emulation is still not good enough to play the game with good graphics and good fps.15 fps is not that bad.But it's not happening .

I know ppsspp team has gone so far.But now it's time to make versions based on individual games.For example, The 3rdbirthday at first was completely unplayable. But now it can be played with 30 fps and 100% speed.

SO IT'S TIME TO MAKE 'PPSSPP' VERSIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL GAMES OR A VERSION FOR SAME TYPE OF GAME HAVING SAME TYPE OF GRAPHICS,CONFIGURATIONS.

I don't think it's possible to make a version that can play all games at their best at least not so soon.
07-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Man, I played this game on my old Galaxy SII many years ago, as far as I remember, it ran better than 15 FPS...If the game runs better at 1xPSP resolution, the only reason to this is a GPU bottleneck, it means, your GPU is not powerful enough to handle the graphics at a higher resolution with same performance.

The PPSSPP team still has things to work on, but they're not so simple. The emulation of PSP CPU is already great, the problem here is the emulation of PSP GPU, we have critical graphics issue in some games, also performance problem, because PSP GPU uses old methods not used for recent GPUs, they have been changed to more efficient ones, and work arround this is not that simple.

Would be easier to help if you tell which's your phone.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-27-2017, 05:56 PM
Really ran faster on my SII, I found an old register that I said the game was running between 40-60 (most time 60) VPS, which is 20-30 FPS on my Galaxy SII, this was May 2013 few days before v0.8 release.

07-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Abdul, I have a feeling the problem is mainly with your device. Your phone may not be powerful enough to play Dissidia at 2x resolution without some hacks.
07-28-2017, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2017 10:05 AM by Abdur Rahman.)
(07-28-2017 04:00 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  Abdul, I have a feeling the problem is mainly with your device. Your phone may not be powerful enough to play Dissidia at 2x resolution without some hacks.

LG Fanatic,you got my name wrong there,man.Dodgy

1. The game runs at 30 fps on my phone with 1*psp resolution.But with that the graphics is so nice that I would rather not pay the game.
2. The game runs at 15 fps with non buffered rendering mode.That's not bad.But when using EX burst or playing in stage 12,the screen goes black.EX-BURST IS THE BEST THING IN THIS GAME.How can any one except that.If at least in ex burst the screen could stay normal,then I wouldn't even post this thread.Exclamation
3. My phone has 1gb ram,1.3 ghz quad core processor.Better than galaxy s2.Confused

All I meant was to either fix ex burst black screen issue or make the game faster in buffered rendering mode.Sad
07-28-2017, 10:15 AM
(07-28-2017 09:49 AM)Abdur Rahman Wrote:  
(07-28-2017 04:00 AM)LG Fanatic Wrote:  Abdul, I have a feeling the problem is mainly with your device. Your phone may not be powerful enough to play Dissidia at 2x resolution without some hacks.

1. The game runs at 30 fps on my phone with 1*psp resolution.But with that the graphics is so nice that I would rather not pay the game.
2. The game runs at 15 fps with non buffered rendering mode.That's not bad.But when using EX burst or playing in stage 12,the screen goes black.EX-BURST IS THE BEST THING IN THIS GAME.How can any one except that.If at least in ex burst the screen could stay normal,then I wouldn't even post this thread.Exclamation
3. My phone has 1gb ram,1.3 ghz quad core processor.Better than galaxy s2.Confused

All I meant was to either fix ex burst black screen issue or make the game faster in buffered rendering mode.Sad

Well you are playing in non-buffered rendering Sad so graphical issues are unavoidable.

If you can't wait for the devs to make this emulator "perfect" for your device, then go buy a faster phone. You can still play many psp games with that kind of phone specs but if you want more playable games... go buy a new better phone.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
07-28-2017, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2017 10:31 AM by Abdur Rahman.)
cybercjt says,"If you can't wait for the devs to make this emulator "perfect" for your device, then go buy a faster phone.":sleepy:

Yeah,thanks for your suggestion.Like people buys new device just to play games.Huh

And I didn't say I'm not waiting.I posted the thread and that's the proof that I am waiting.
And that goes without saying that if you have a phone with 3 gb or 4 gb ram,what else is required.

Can anyone please tell me how the game runs in pc with buffered rendering,1:1 resolution?
How about non-buffered rendering mode in pc?Is that black screen issue same for pc too?Undecided
07-28-2017, 12:14 PM
(07-28-2017 10:27 AM)Abdur Rahman Wrote:  cybercjt says,"If you can't wait for the devs to make this emulator "perfect" for your device, then go buy a faster phone.":sleepy:

Yeah,thanks for your suggestion.Like people buys new device just to play games.Huh

And I didn't say I'm not waiting.I posted the thread and that's the proof that I am waiting.
And that goes without saying that if you have a phone with 3 gb or 4 gb ram,what else is required.

Can anyone please tell me how the game runs in pc with buffered rendering,1:1 resolution?
How about non-buffered rendering mode in pc?Is that black screen issue same for pc too?Undecided

The devs said it, the emulator suggested it, others have said it. Non-buffered rendering causes inevitable problems for some games. If you wan't accurate emulation with less graphical issues play in Buffered Rendering, but if your phone can't handle the performance needed... then its your device.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
07-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Lol, I guess you don't know what you're talking about. Your phone can't be faster than my old SII just because it's quad-core 1.3GHz, my SII is as fast as most mid-range phones of today, simply because it has a Cortex A9 CPU, which has about the same performance of low power Cortex A53 CPUs, my Galaxy J7 with Octa Cortex A53 1.5GHz simply can't beat my SII with Dual Cortex A9 1.2GHz in some sutiations running PPSSPP.

Nowaday is hard to find a Cortex A53 quad-core CPU, most are octa-core, the quad-cores generally are Cortex A7, which is so much slower than Cortex A9. Also the GPU of these chips aren't so powerful, some times it's a Mali 400MP1 (single-core), the SII has a Mali 400MP4 (quad-core), another reason for your phone to be a lot less powerful than it.

Please, tell what's the exact model of your phone, or at least install AIDA64 and check the chipset.

07-28-2017, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2017 06:23 PM by Abdur Rahman.)
GuilhermeGS2,alright,alright your device is better.You win.Happy now?:Big GrinTongue

Cybercjt,playing in buffered rendering doesn't solve all graphical issues not even in pc.You must have noticed it,right?
07-28-2017, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2017 07:29 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
(07-28-2017 05:46 PM)Abdur Rahman Wrote:  GuilhermeGS2,alright,alright your device is better.You win.Happy now?:Big GrinTongue

Cybercjt,playing in buffered rendering doesn't solve all graphical issues not even in pc.You must have noticed it,right?

Which phone is better is not the question here. If you want us to help you, you need to help us first with more detailed informations and honesty, or this thread will be useless. I asked your phone chipset, did you check this?

07-29-2017, 03:05 AM
(07-28-2017 09:49 AM)Abdur Rahman Wrote:  

Whoops! Sorry about that Abdur.Tongue I just tried the game on my phone(Galaxy J3 Prime, Exynos-7570 Quad) and it ran quite well. I get pretty much full speed with a few drops here and there with buffered rendering on(frameskip is off). With 2x rendering it drops to about 15fps. I usually keep rendering at 1x as I don't mind the slight pixelation and would rather have the better performance.
07-29-2017, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 10:59 AM by Abdur Rahman.)
Sad RE: Dissidia 12 graphics issue
When I use 1*psp resolution it runs at 30 fps.
But when I play the game with 1:1 resolution,the graphics is so nice that I can't switch to 1*psp resolution anymore. Sad
Poor me.Sad

GuilhermeGS2 wants to know about my phone.Here it is for our engineer.
I hope I get helped.Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Thread Closed