Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.58 Average
God Of War Ghost Of Sparta and Chains of Olympus
02-12-2015, 02:49 AM
RE: God Of War Ghost Of Sparta and Chains of Olympus
So I've been working for a while to get this running at full speed as I see in so many youtube videos. I am on Android with an Xperia Z3 stock. Can someone definitively share settings to get this running at a playable speed? I've gone through several setups from youtube videos and forums (including this one). I feel like there shouldn't be a problem with getting this to run on flagship hardware. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If you have an xperia device and got this running at a playable speed, please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
How u get pass the ropes anybody have a save state?? Try everything plz help thanks
02-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Changing the game's clock speed causes weird things to break. This is one of them. Change "cpu speed" to 0 (the default.)

-[Unknown]
02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
So start all over with clock speed at 0??
02-12-2015, 10:37 PM
I think you can just load your game, hopefully, after setting that. A savestate might not work.

-[Unknown]
02-13-2015, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2015 12:42 AM by madden25.)
Ok thanks ill try

It works thanks man good looking out!!
02-22-2015, 09:54 PM
HeySmile I have problem with Ghost of Sparta. I'm using ppsspp ver 1.0 on PC. When i get to Vortex and fight waves of enemies on the boat they never end. I watched video on youtube and counted that it takes about 5-6 minutes for QTE to activate but i've lasted more then 12 minutes and nothing. I tried turing on and off almost every graphic setting but with no success. I wasn't using save states. I hope you can help me with thisSmile
02-23-2015, 09:48 AM
That is a glitch in the game itself, nothing to do with the emulator, just restart that checkpoint until the game lets you proceed.
02-23-2015, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 11:36 AM by Kitzus.)
Are you sure? How many tries can it take? I've alrdy tried 8 times and i'm starting to hate itBig Grin I asked my friend who owns psp and he never experienced this glitch.

Ok I tried about 12 times now:/ From info found on different forums I get there is a version of a glitch where you defeat all enemies too quickly and this causes the QTE to never appear. This glitch you can get through by restarting and trying to kill enemies a little slower. But my version of glitch makes enemies appear all the time in the third phase with thunders. I collect more then 30k red orbs before i die xP One guy under yt video wrote that he disabled "force 60 fps" option to fix this bug but i cant see that option in my version of ppsspp, only "prevent FPS from exceeding 60". I tried playing this part with this option enabled and disabled but didn't make a difference:/
02-23-2015, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 09:32 PM by Boondock Saint.)
That happened to me as well, but I can't remember how i beat it, because I beat it last year on 0.9 version of the emulator. Though I do remember that I had the one with the lighting as well, I think I just restarted the checkpoint(or the savegame) until I got lucky, because if you don't get the QTE(check some youtube walkthrough to see when it should happen) you know you need to restart right away and don't waste time by fighting the enemies.

But I still think it's the game and not the emulator, because here some guys had the issue on a real psp way back in 2010 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995953-go...a/57043163[/align]
02-23-2015, 10:43 PM
OMG i did! I used 32bit 0.9 version of ppsspp and it worked on first try x_x
02-24-2015, 05:55 PM
o i look for this game for a long time
02-25-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 07:53 PM by KryoSage.)
Love this emulator, and am enjoying chains of olympus 1080p 60FPS (most of the time). this game seems to fluctuate frame rates very often. seemingly from 30 to 60 a lot of the time. is there a fix to this? isnt this game supposed to run solid 60FPS at all times natively on the console? any help appreciated.

Love this emulator, and am enjoying chains of olympus 1080p 60FPS (most of the time). this game seems to fluctuate frame rates very often. seemingly from 30 to 60 a lot of the time. is there a fix to this? isnt this game supposed to run solid 60FPS at all times natively on the console? any help appreciated.

EDIT: System is i5-3570K / GTX760 / (PC)
02-25-2015, 11:21 PM
(02-25-2015 07:52 PM)KryoSage Wrote:  Love this emulator, and am enjoying chains of olympus 1080p 60FPS (most of the time). this game seems to fluctuate frame rates very often. seemingly from 30 to 60 a lot of the time. is there a fix to this? isnt this game supposed to run solid 60FPS at all times natively on the console? any help appreciated.

EDIT: System is i5-3570K / GTX760 / (PC)
Is this post designed for the Google cardboard Tongue
One paragraph per eye. Big Grin
02-26-2015, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 03:43 AM by [Unknown].)
If you've got frameskip off, it should theoretically be running at the same speed as on the PSP. The best way to check would be using cwcheat or JpcspTrace. What area specifically? I don't have the game myself, though.

Note that this game does _NOT_ run at 60 fps on the PSP. Actually, it runs "as fast as possible". It never displays more than 59.97 frames per second, but in menus for example it generates over 100 frames on a real PSP. In game, I am pretty sure it does not always generate 60 fps, but it does best effort to give you as many as possible (so, e.g., it might be 55.)

This turned out to be very hard for PPSSPP, because we don't emulate timing accurately everywhere, in some places (especially IO) we are too fast. This makes loading times a lot quicker, but it also means that God of War used to render a lot more frames than necessary in PPSSPP (which actually made performance INCREDIBLY bad even on the most powerful computers.) We've mostly resolved this but it isn't entirely perfect.

-[Unknown]