Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Mana Khemia Student Alliance
12-07-2014, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 07:32 PM by Zero3K.)
RE: Mana Khemia Student Alliance
In 0.9.9.1-1078, it lags when exiting the party display, etc. menu. Also, the background of the screen shown when loading/saving a game isn't black colored like it should be.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2014, 06:28 AM
It isn't black on my PSP. I think I've seen different colors. I'm not sure what determines it...

The lag is also normal; try it on a real PSP, it's the same. In fact, I think even the PS2 version behaved the same here.

-[Unknown]
12-25-2014, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2014 03:27 AM by Zero3K.)
(12-19-2014 06:28 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It isn't black on my PSP. I think I've seen different colors. I'm not sure what determines it...

The lag is also normal; try it on a real PSP, it's the same. In fact, I think even the PS2 version behaved the same here.

-[Unknown]

Is there any way to fix the lag?
12-25-2014, 04:08 AM
I don't know, ask the original developers? Like I said, it's on all versions of the game, including the PS2 version.

Maybe you can ask some rom hacker.

-[Unknown]
12-25-2014, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2014 04:55 AM by vsub_.)
I tried 0.9.9.1-937 and 0.9.9.1-1290(both x86)and there is no lag in the sound(like before)and the color in of load\save background is blue(like always...I had to increase the brightness to see it,otherwise I see it as black).

One thing I do notest is that when you exit the party screen,there is a delay before displaying the character(that delay was not there before but instead of delay,I had lagging sound).

Also the game is running at internal speed(I think it was on the psp)I don't like(it's not very smooth)but there is code that forces the internal speed to 60fps everywhere.

_C1 60 FPS
_L 0x2001C238 0x0E26C5AB

Also(I don't know if this is normal)if I enable "Debug=>Show Debug Stats",when I exit the party menu,everything freezes for a second and then start running again.

And finally to maybe the real culprit.
I don't know at what cpu speed setting it to 0 runs at but:

When it's set to 0(restart ppsspp after changing the speed),makes this delay to appear when you exit the party screen

When it's set to 333(restart ppsspp after changing the speed),makes the delay at least twice lower

And setting it to something higher(I don't know how much is needed,I just change it to 1000 and tried the game)makes the delay to completely disappear.

When you change the speed to 333=>start the game=>set it to 0=>restart the game,makes 0 to work almost the same(or the same)as 333 but if you set it to 0 and restart ppsspp(not just the game),makes the delay to appear

PS.There is no lagging on the PS2 version(playing it from PS2HDD)and there is almost no lagging with pcsx2 but only with special settings and no lagging at all if you use software mode

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
12-31-2014, 04:27 PM
When I display the party menu a couple of times, the background in it changes between looking corrupted and normal.
So, is the black background on the victory screen that is caused by auto frameskip being enabled fixable or not?
(03-09-2015 03:43 PM)Zero3K Wrote:  So, is the black background on the victory screen that is caused by auto frameskip being enabled fixable or not?

Well?
04-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Any updates regarding that issue?
06-17-2015, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 07:08 PM by Cat92.)
I've got a problem with the textures(?) of the game.
Anyone got a fix for this?

Edit: Nvm, seems to have fixed itself somehow... Confused
06-18-2015, 05:16 AM
That looks like you had the disable alpha test speedhack enabled.

-[Unknown]
07-18-2015, 12:36 AM
I can't get past these screen I've pressed x countless times and nothing is happening please help me

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-11-2016, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 08:09 PM by Risky_Senpai.)
(07-18-2015 12:36 AM)Jaystark21 Wrote:  I can't get past these screen I've pressed x countless times and nothing is happening please help me

try saving a state then restart the ppspp or emulator then load rom, then load your save state and try again. it worked for me
01-19-2017, 12:03 AM
Frozen for me as well on that screen after beating Lore Beast for the tuft. The save state and restart did NOT work for me. Still frozen even tho triangle works to remove the box with the bomb drop and to bring it back over and over but that's the only button that does anything for me so this game is UNPLAYABLE NOT PLAYABLE. Have a game breaking bug after a boss fight.
03-11-2017, 05:45 PM
(01-19-2017 12:03 AM)Topken Wrote:  Frozen for me as well on that screen after beating Lore Beast for the tuft. The save state and restart did NOT work for me. Still frozen even tho triangle works to remove the box with the bomb drop and to bring it back over and over but that's the only button that does anything for me so this game is UNPLAYABLE NOT PLAYABLE. Have a game breaking bug after a boss fight.

I have the same problem. I want a fix so badly. Does anyone know what to do?
03-11-2017, 09:26 PM
PPSSPP by popular demand includes a lot of dangerous/glitchy/hackish/experimental/unstable settings which could cause problems, same for cheats which many are unsafe and can break games even if initially worked. If a problem occurs when using any of those, all of them have to be disabled/reverted to defaults, followed by emulation restart to clear memory from all the broken stuff. Then you can finally reload the game from proper in-game save hopefully free of all corruption.
(Savedata can of course be corrupted as well ~ but it's way rarer, where savestate has to keep any form of corruption as by design it does what it says - saves the exact state the game was in.)

I would recommend restarting emulation and reloading from normal save at least once a while even without using dangerous settings/cheats, since while depending on savestates sure is comfortable it simulates playing without ever restarting console. No game is stable enough to continue doing that forever on the real thing, even less on emulators.

The game is playable, because people who played it earlier said it is, someone even mentioned finishing it on ppsspp. That does not guarantee it wasn't broken at later time or that it works on all platforms, however most of the time problems like that are caused by one of the two things:
- pirated / broken copies of the game(in which case the only advice is to buy the original game / make fresh copy of it),
- awful settings used for performance causing timing issues/memory corruption(which solution for I mentioned above).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-12-2017, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 03:55 AM by Xunderscore.)
Oh, that sounds true. Do you have any idea which settings should we avoid? Currently trying to get it to work again, although I think I might have to restart from an in game save. Which sucks, since I just finished a boss fight.

EDIT: I actually got past the lorebeast bug. I had to rebattle him a few times then savestate on the victory screen, close the emulator, reload and tap the cross button a lot of times. I just did another boss fight for a job and the same thing happened, although now it's very persistent and the above method doesn't work.