Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help - "Memory stick used to start this game not insterted" MHFU
06-15-2017, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 03:55 PM by Draago.)
Please help - "Memory stick used to start this game not insterted" MHFU
I got this problem where I cannot save the game by regular means anymore. The game is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

This started when I kept opening save states repeatedly in a short period of time (I'll admit, I tried to cheat once trying to get Kirin carves) and then suddenly I was unable to save. I think it somehow broke the game by reloading savestates.

The game worked perfectly before. I was able to save every time. But ever since I did the state saving thing it seemed to have broken it. Probably karma.

But anyway, it's not too big of a deal since I can use savestates anyway, but I still wish I could save regularly again. Any help?

EDIT: Got a pic, this happens every time after I press "Yes" to save after a mission.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: Please help - "Memory stick used to start this game not insterted" MHFU
I believe that this is caused by reloading a save state older than your saved data then you tried saving in game and boom you get this error. There was a cwcheat that fixes this issue try to search in the forums.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
11-29-2017, 06:20 PM
(06-18-2017 06:42 PM)tiktakt0w Wrote:  I believe that this is caused by reloading a save state older than your saved data then you tried saving in game and boom you get this error. There was a cwcheat that fixes this issue try to search in the forums.

Hey I found the cheat you told me to search at http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...1#pid91591

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right version (playing eur) but I don't seem to know how to use the cheat. The cheat shows up, but after checking it I still get the error. I don't know if I'm using it right
11-29-2017, 08:23 PM
When using cheats that come with disable/revert codes, make sure to only use the actual cheat and not the part which literally says it's disabling it.

If you did enable the cheat properly still does nothing you probably have different game version, either different region or some kind of patch that moved the game code around, all my new patches have safety checks about this, but the one you linked to was very old and didn't, so if you used it in wrong version it could even brake something;p, better take all my game workarounds from here, where I dump all my patches into single cheat.db file that can be used with ppsspp cheat menu import option.

This wasn't made clear here, but you can always just load your game from normal in-game save and the game will allow you to save without any hacks since this isn't a bug or corrupted savedata, it's just a pointless game feature existing in few japanese games, you will lose all potential progress made on affected savestates through.
For the future, just remember that if you make a savestate before last normal save, just load the game normally and not use those older savestates or make a savestate AFTER saving it normally if you really have to avoid loading the game normally(which at least once a while should be done anyway because games are buggy even on real hardware and can't be played for a very long time, loading states after restart equals to never restarting which is bad;p).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.