Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have no idea how to setup multiplayer on ppsspp. Please help.
06-12-2017, 05:38 AM
I have no idea how to setup multiplayer on ppsspp. Please help.
So I'm trying to play Initial D street stage, which according to the compatability list works 100%.

However, All guides I read seem to be outdated, or when I follow them, don't work. I just get "A communication error has occurred" in Japanese when attempting to even try to access online.

The only hint I even get as to why nothing works, is when I open my game, I get something that says "Socket error 10061 when connecting to coldbird.net/bunch of numbers."

All my settings under networking are default, except that I checked the "Enable networking/WLAN" button.

I think I heard somewhere that I needed to be dmz'ing, but I don't even know what that is or how to set it up. I just wanted to play with a friend or two was all, not access some grand online multiplayer lobby. Does anyone know what i'm supposed to be doing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: I have no idea how to setup multiplayer on ppsspp. Please help.
There's a nifty tutorial on playing multiplayer with Hamachi here. The only updated things (assuming you're running 1.4.2) are step 2 can be done from inside PPSSPP in the network tab and step 3 is condensed to enabling the built in pro adhoc server which is also in the network tab.

Hope that helps.
06-13-2017, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2017 03:34 AM by AdamN.)
RE: I have no idea how to setup multiplayer on ppsspp. Please help.
(06-12-2017 05:38 AM)Akumati Wrote:  So I'm trying to play Initial D street stage, which according to the compatability list works 100%.

However, All guides I read seem to be outdated, or when I follow them, don't work. I just get "A communication error has occurred" in Japanese when attempting to even try to access online.

The only hint I even get as to why nothing works, is when I open my game, I get something that says "Socket error 10061 when connecting to coldbird.net/bunch of numbers."

All my settings under networking are default, except that I checked the "Enable networking/WLAN" button.

I think I heard somewhere that I needed to be dmz'ing, but I don't even know what that is or how to set it up. I just wanted to play with a friend or two was all, not access some grand online multiplayer lobby. Does anyone know what i'm supposed to be doing?

Same reason with this http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=23097

In this case it's better to host your own adhoc server (ie. using built-in server) and use VPN service (like hamachi) to simulate LAN environment.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0