Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
10-07-2015, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 12:58 PM by MechaBouncer.)
RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
(10-07-2015 09:12 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You're welcome.

Well devs don't really like hacks that's why it didn't got one, it's actually not that bad since in the long run emulators who abuse hacks to fix issues end up very broken, hard to maintain, scare off new developers from joining in and leave all less popular games forever broken.
Actually part of PPSSPP is kind of like that ~ Adhoc, ugh~_~ forever broken and nobody's maintaining it all people who worked on it got busy/left before finishing it and it's filled with unfinished code, it's hard to read and pretty ugly in compare to main project, it's compatibility is also far from perfect, have no clue if AC games work with it already, so good luck on that.

I didn't really tried that Sum2012 build, so didn't know how old it was. If you can't build it yourself and you use windows you could try my build from here which was made just like a month ago and has an optional hack for this game in the graphic hacks section. Hopefully the black squares on boosters were fixed earlier.

I get that, but it was known that this change broke the games over a year ago. Everything else about the game plays almost perfectly on 1.0.0+, but that one change will completely lock the emulator up and there's not a good way around that aside from changing to software rendering before any mission or stage that has the lens flare. Although I could have sworn that there are other missions in the game with that same effect that do not crash it, so I don't know what the key is either.

Sum2012's build is based on 0.9.8, so it's a bit old. I'm definitely going to give your 1.0.1 build a try. It should be much better than what I've been using previously. If I were to roll my own, I would probably do the same thing with an optional "Armored Core" hack. And supposedly the AC games work with ad-hoc, or at least did. Not sure about the current state of things considering what you've mentioned.

Anyway, thanks again! You've been a great help! Big Grin

EDIT:
I wanted to add an update. I gave your 1.0.1 build a try with the Armored Core/Bleach hack and it worked beautifully! The "Secure Unexplored Region" mission that consistently freezes PPSSPP when you look at the sun played without a hitch. Plus all the other graphical glitches from 0.9.8 have been fixed, so it looks great! I'll have to do more thorough testing, but your version looks like the definitive one to use for the AC Portable games for the near future. Thank you so much! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable - MechaBouncer - 10-07-2015 01:39 PM
Screen bit darker - Yuditkiichi - 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM