Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
10-07-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
(06-27-2015 02:03 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Nah I doubt your problem is bezier related and bezier doesn't have to be disabled for macross either, so that old build is obsolete and works probably just because it's older than the change that broke it;p.
Unless you guys talk about different issue, this was the change(two lines mentioned in the notes to be exact) that broke those games and also cause freezes in bleach games.

If you're desperate to get latest versions that work with those games without freezes you can just build your own modified ppsspp version with those 2 lines restored. Here's a guide how to compile ppsspp on windows. Or you could try builds posted by sum2012 in here, he didn't posted them with source code of the changes, so a) not sure if they do same thing(althrough I'm sure bleach is currently broken by same thing;p) nor if they don't have other changes, b) it might disappear at some point as mods removed custom builds posted without a source in the past(since it's basically required by license ppsspp is released under).

The older code apparently worked accidently and will likely not be restored in official version, devs don't like hacks(just as many users don't like cluttered ui;p), so doubt it could return as an optional hack either, you guys will need to wait for someone to find a proper fix if you want to avoid old or modified ppsspp versions.

I wanted to say thank you for this post. This is the most concise information as to why these games are broken that I have come across. I've been trying to find a way to get around the freeze on the Secure Unexplored Region mission in Armored Core Silent Line Portable. Every time you look in the direction of the sun it hangs unless you use the software renderer. The modified version that you posted still has a black box around the boosters, but at least it doesn't freeze.

What gets me is why this known game-breaking issue wasn't given a hack to work around it at least until someone figures out the real fix. I mean it makes those outdoor missions impossible to play. An extra hack to put that line back in would at least get the game working in newer versions. It just seems like actually fixing the problem is a low priority given how long the game has been broken again. I guess that won't happen unless I install the dev tools and do it myself.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to look into adhoc play as playing the Armored Core Portable games over the Internet with my brother is the main reason I'm even using PPSSPP. Armored Core 3 and Silent Line were our favorites in the series, but only the PSP versions offered a way to do network play since the original PS2 games only worked with iLINK/Firewire. Plus PSP is easier to emulate than PS2.

Anyway, thanks again! I'll definitely need to look into this more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable - MechaBouncer - 10-07-2015 01:46 AM
Screen bit darker - Yuditkiichi - 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM