Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
04-17-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013 09:17 PM by kevke96.)
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Title: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Genre: Action
Region: US
Game ID: NPUH10024
Emulator version: v0.7.5-72-g208f52e
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: Textures clip out at the edge of the screen. Really ugly but bearable. Slow loading.
(not so) Pretty pictures:

Windows 7 x64: Intel Core i5 4570 @3.6 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 7870
Android 4.4.2 (CM11): Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4x1.6 Ghz CPU, 600Mhz GPU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 12:16 AM by Ronin.)
Sad RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Title: ARMORED CORE LAST RAVEN Portable [NPUH10024]
Format: CSO
Version: v0.9.6.2, v0.9.6-771-g9bea246 Windows XP 32 bit
[Image: qXdR1qms.jpg]
Just like in Armored Core 3 Portable.

Debug Console (when I use boosters):
UNKNOWN GAME I[SCEGE]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:794 Creating FBO for 00154000 : 128 x 64 x 3
UNKNOWN GAME W[SCEGE]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:814 FBO reusing depthbuffer, 00154000/00110000 and 00088000/00110000
UNKNOWN GAME I[G3D]: GLES\ShaderManager.cpp:146 Linked shader: vs 39 fs 89
UNKNOWN GAME I[G3D]: GLES\ShaderManager.cpp:146 Linked shader: vs 68 fs 72
UNKNOWN GAME I[G3D]: GLES\ShaderManager.cpp:146 Linked shader: vs 68 fs 89
UNKNOWN GAME W[G3D]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:1700 Intra buffer block transfer (not supported) 04000000 -> 04154000
UNKNOWN GAME I[G3D]: GLES\ShaderManager.cpp:146 Linked shader: vs 93 fs 62
idle0 I[SCEGE]: GLES\Framebuffer.cpp:1605 Decimating FBO for 00154000 (128 x 64 x 3), age 6
Find all posts by this user
04-30-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Hey guys, can someone look into the issue this game has on Android?
I'm using the usa version.

Whenever you face the sun ingame the whole emulator freezes.
Also boost effects is black regardless of the rendering method.

This doesn't happen on windows at all.
This is easily replicable: first mission on the right, just at the game start, its in the desert where you need to destroy as much possible.

Thank you.

[Gaming PC]: i7 3770k @ 4,6ghz - 8gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ares - GTX 780Ti AMP! - Windows 8 pro x64 - Asus VG248QE
[Mobile]: Iphone 5s 16gb Space Grey - Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 LTE
[Android]: Nvidia Shield
[Consoles]: PsVita - Crisis Core Limited Edition PSP - PS4
05-03-2014, 06:47 AM
also move this to in-game since the freezing keeps it from being playable.

[Gaming PC]: i7 3770k @ 4,6ghz - 8gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ares - GTX 780Ti AMP! - Windows 8 pro x64 - Asus VG248QE
[Mobile]: Iphone 5s 16gb Space Grey - Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 LTE
[Android]: Nvidia Shield
[Consoles]: PsVita - Crisis Core Limited Edition PSP - PS4
05-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Moved.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-30-2014, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:31 AM by Loop_Stratos.)
(v0.9.9 windows)
I can't face left in "Eliminate Intruders". I also can't see the sun in the same mission kingpin mentioned. Is there a chance this will be fixed?
(Sorry for the bump, kind of)
08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Same issue. Its incredibly frustrating.
09-19-2014, 11:15 AM
the game (not the emu) freeze when starting the first selection of missions
ppsspp 9.9.9.1 463, i will download more recent one and try it out

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
04-28-2015, 01:49 AM
On 1.0-32 windows still freeze randomly on mission. Sometimes I can play fine if I just move back and forth without rotating camera, lol.

Using software render game didn't freeze but it's slow as hell.
I haven't test with latest version
06-26-2015, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 06:51 PM by Boondock Saint.)
It still crashes whenever you look at the Sun. BUT here is what I discovered. I used some old unofficial build that ppl used for Macross games that showed no bezier curves at all (that has since been removed) and the game doesn't crash with it but there is a black square on the booster effect and when you do look at the Sun you can't see the HUD at all. I hope it helps in finding the solution that, at least to me, looks bezier- related.
06-27-2015, 02:03 AM
Nah I doubt your problem is bezier related and bezier doesn't have to be disabled for macross either, so that old build is obsolete and works probably just because it's older than the change that broke it;p.
Unless you guys talk about different issue, this was the change(two lines mentioned in the notes to be exact) that broke those games and also cause freezes in bleach games.

If you're desperate to get latest versions that work with those games without freezes you can just build your own modified ppsspp version with those 2 lines restored. Here's a guide how to compile ppsspp on windows. Or you could try builds posted by sum2012 in here, he didn't posted them with source code of the changes, so a) not sure if they do same thing(althrough I'm sure bleach is currently broken by same thing;p) nor if they don't have other changes, b) it might disappear at some point as mods removed custom builds posted without a source in the past(since it's basically required by license ppsspp is released under).

The older code apparently worked accidently and will likely not be restored in official version, devs don't like hacks(just as many users don't like cluttered ui;p), so doubt it could return as an optional hack either, you guys will need to wait for someone to find a proper fix if you want to avoid old or modified ppsspp versions.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-05-2015, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:53 PM by Arsaz.)
the brightness takes a dip down and moving the camera around or flying
makes the app stop functioning

can someone plz help me
and im using the latest build

ok so it turns out the brightness changes on its own when moving around that robot

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-07-2015, 01:46 AM
(06-27-2015 02:03 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Nah I doubt your problem is bezier related and bezier doesn't have to be disabled for macross either, so that old build is obsolete and works probably just because it's older than the change that broke it;p.
Unless you guys talk about different issue, this was the change(two lines mentioned in the notes to be exact) that broke those games and also cause freezes in bleach games.

If you're desperate to get latest versions that work with those games without freezes you can just build your own modified ppsspp version with those 2 lines restored. Here's a guide how to compile ppsspp on windows. Or you could try builds posted by sum2012 in here, he didn't posted them with source code of the changes, so a) not sure if they do same thing(althrough I'm sure bleach is currently broken by same thing;p) nor if they don't have other changes, b) it might disappear at some point as mods removed custom builds posted without a source in the past(since it's basically required by license ppsspp is released under).

The older code apparently worked accidently and will likely not be restored in official version, devs don't like hacks(just as many users don't like cluttered ui;p), so doubt it could return as an optional hack either, you guys will need to wait for someone to find a proper fix if you want to avoid old or modified ppsspp versions.

I wanted to say thank you for this post. This is the most concise information as to why these games are broken that I have come across. I've been trying to find a way to get around the freeze on the Secure Unexplored Region mission in Armored Core Silent Line Portable. Every time you look in the direction of the sun it hangs unless you use the software renderer. The modified version that you posted still has a black box around the boosters, but at least it doesn't freeze.

What gets me is why this known game-breaking issue wasn't given a hack to work around it at least until someone figures out the real fix. I mean it makes those outdoor missions impossible to play. An extra hack to put that line back in would at least get the game working in newer versions. It just seems like actually fixing the problem is a low priority given how long the game has been broken again. I guess that won't happen unless I install the dev tools and do it myself.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to look into adhoc play as playing the Armored Core Portable games over the Internet with my brother is the main reason I'm even using PPSSPP. Armored Core 3 and Silent Line were our favorites in the series, but only the PSP versions offered a way to do network play since the original PS2 games only worked with iLINK/Firewire. Plus PSP is easier to emulate than PS2.

Anyway, thanks again! I'll definitely need to look into this more.
10-07-2015, 09:12 AM
You're welcome.

Well devs don't really like hacks that's why it didn't got one, it's actually not that bad since in the long run emulators who abuse hacks to fix issues end up very broken, hard to maintain, scare off new developers from joining in and leave all less popular games forever broken.
Actually part of PPSSPP is kind of like that ~ Adhoc, ugh~_~ forever broken and nobody's maintaining it all people who worked on it got busy/left before finishing it and it's filled with unfinished code, it's hard to read and pretty ugly in compare to main project, it's compatibility is also far from perfect, have no clue if AC games work with it already, so good luck on that.

I didn't really tried that Sum2012 build, so didn't know how old it was. If you can't build it yourself and you use windows you could try my build from here which was made just like a month ago and has an optional hack for this game in the graphic hacks section. Hopefully the black squares on boosters were fixed earlier.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-07-2015, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 12:58 PM by MechaBouncer.)
(10-07-2015 09:12 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You're welcome.

Well devs don't really like hacks that's why it didn't got one, it's actually not that bad since in the long run emulators who abuse hacks to fix issues end up very broken, hard to maintain, scare off new developers from joining in and leave all less popular games forever broken.
Actually part of PPSSPP is kind of like that ~ Adhoc, ugh~_~ forever broken and nobody's maintaining it all people who worked on it got busy/left before finishing it and it's filled with unfinished code, it's hard to read and pretty ugly in compare to main project, it's compatibility is also far from perfect, have no clue if AC games work with it already, so good luck on that.

I didn't really tried that Sum2012 build, so didn't know how old it was. If you can't build it yourself and you use windows you could try my build from here which was made just like a month ago and has an optional hack for this game in the graphic hacks section. Hopefully the black squares on boosters were fixed earlier.

I get that, but it was known that this change broke the games over a year ago. Everything else about the game plays almost perfectly on 1.0.0+, but that one change will completely lock the emulator up and there's not a good way around that aside from changing to software rendering before any mission or stage that has the lens flare. Although I could have sworn that there are other missions in the game with that same effect that do not crash it, so I don't know what the key is either.

Sum2012's build is based on 0.9.8, so it's a bit old. I'm definitely going to give your 1.0.1 build a try. It should be much better than what I've been using previously. If I were to roll my own, I would probably do the same thing with an optional "Armored Core" hack. And supposedly the AC games work with ad-hoc, or at least did. Not sure about the current state of things considering what you've mentioned.

Anyway, thanks again! You've been a great help! Big Grin

EDIT:
I wanted to add an update. I gave your 1.0.1 build a try with the Armored Core/Bleach hack and it worked beautifully! The "Secure Unexplored Region" mission that consistently freezes PPSSPP when you look at the sun played without a hitch. Plus all the other graphical glitches from 0.9.8 have been fixed, so it looks great! I'll have to do more thorough testing, but your version looks like the definitive one to use for the AC Portable games for the near future. Thank you so much! Big Grin