Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller No Longer Works (Linux)
05-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Controller No Longer Works (Linux)
So... I've done a bit of searching and googling and endless tweaks and such... I just can't get my controller to work anymore on my machine.. I'm just posting this here in case someone might have an idea...

Anywho, some deets:

I'm running PPSSPP 1.4.1 (latest working build) on Linux and Android. Funnily enough.. the controller doesn't work on Linux, but it is working when connected to the Android device. Specifically, the controller is the Gamesir G3 Bluetooth gamepad.

One note of interest is that the controller USED to work on Linux... back when I last played on my computer in October-ish of last year. For some reason it no longer wants to work...

But yea... if anyone has any idea on what I might do to fix this I'd be glad to try it.. For now, I'll keep playing on my phone (which isn't as nice as a 36" TV, but still... Tongue )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Controller No Longer Works (Linux)
(05-28-2017 07:21 PM)Cornelia Xaos Wrote:  So... I've done a bit of searching and googling and endless tweaks and such... I just can't get my controller to work anymore on my machine.. I'm just posting this here in case someone might have an idea...

Anywho, some deets:

I'm running PPSSPP 1.4.1 (latest working build) on Linux and Android. Funnily enough.. the controller doesn't work on Linux, but it is working when connected to the Android device. Specifically, the controller is the Gamesir G3 Bluetooth gamepad.

One note of interest is that the controller USED to work on Linux... back when I last played on my computer in October-ish of last year. For some reason it no longer wants to work...

But yea... if anyone has any idea on what I might do to fix this I'd be glad to try it.. For now, I'll keep playing on my phone (which isn't as nice as a 36" TV, but still... Tongue )

if your pc sees your controller you can try as workaround antimicro from my signature but if not i would start by getting another BT dongle

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
05-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Yea... that's going around the problem entirely and I could do that if I wanted... but it's totally not what I want (it'd make analog sticks not work as smoothly since they're being mapped to buttons and not delivering a range of values).

And I'm using built in bluetooth and it's totally not the problem. Literally the rest of my computer sees the controller just fine. Other games interact with it no problem. It's just PPSSPP that doesn't like it now... when it used to work just fine a half a year ago. It could have been a system update that did something.. but it wouldn't explain why the controller itself still functions in other applications. The only thing I haven't tried is finding another controller and seeing if PPSSPP will see that controller... well.. I did.. but the corded controller I have has a frayed wire and no longer works. XD

Thanks again for the advice.. but I had already seen you mention said advice elsewhere in another post. Tongue
05-29-2017, 08:26 PM
if controller works on everything on ur pc except ppsspp than problem is on ppsspp side and nothing to fix on your side is to be done

what you actually can do is download newest version to desktop and check if your controller will work with default configuration
if that dont help try older version

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com