Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Ridge Racer
03-02-2017, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 10:49 AM by jack324.)
RE: Ridge Racer black screen on FMV (ulus10001)
(03-02-2017 02:24 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  We have rules here, one of them is to keep 1 thread per game and this game's thread exists already and people not respecting that just make it harder to find per-game info and give moderators more work to do clearing the mess.
If you look at the above thread ~ which should be only one ~ people were using US version there with same problems as EU, we don't separate game threads for regions unless there's actual difference in content that would cause compatibility difference, EU/US versions are most of the time exact copies with different distributor logo eventually extra language options in EU.

Whenever you own the game or not does not matter at all if your copy is pirated since legal, moral and capitalistic things aside the reason people don't support pirates is simply because broken copies/under dumps is a thing ~ statistically it's in fact the most common reason for poor / using very popular and just as dangerous settings and speedhacks would be another - both of those would easily freeze games and cause black screen.
Best source of games for PPSSPP is PS Store. You can buy games there, download their PKG's on pc and then use PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor to extract PBP file which is nicely compressed container that works just as well if not better than cso/iso formats.

Either way really the only thing to really try here is to get since 1.3 had a problem with some FMV's freezing, you should also start from default settings to make sure nothing else is bugging out, if you updated over previous one, go to system settings and use the option to restore default ones. If the game still doesn't boot, your copy must be broken.

AMD OGL drivers(not to be confused with D3D drivers) would crash or glitch some effects depending on which of the new drivers you have installed(and by "new" that means all "Crimson" ones including those from year ago). On windows when using latest PPSSPP version you can just use d3d11 backend, I guess it's even default one now and despite being new and still having some minor issues, it works very well, especially in win 10.

Well that's all nice to know! Thanks for the great information!

PS: Maybe next time you could try to not be a prick or condescending about it. I know the difference between "OGL" and "D3D" drivers.

I'm new to the community and I already have second thoughts on being part of it if you represent even a small percentage of the users. And this isn't some "I'm a snowflake and need my safe space" crap either. Its called social skills.

I'll leave this thread up for about 24 hours so you can get a chance to read my reply. Then I'll delete/have it deleted by a moderator just to make you happy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 12:28 PM
It's not called "social skills", it's called "virtue signalling". ;o

You're entitled for personal support and don't even bother reading rules, then you create a story about people being mean to you(which wasting 5 minutes on a long answer certainly isn't) and you're doing that just to feel better with yourself and forget that the fault is yours, noone elses. Yay for modern society and their messed up psychology. For exactly same reason you mentioned you own the game, or even listed completely useless and unrelated specs of your pc.

Then to make it even better you call me prick for mentioning a difference, when FYI I mentioned it purely because people love to jump on bandwagon saying AMD drivers sucks in general which is not true, so wake up dude, world is not centered about you, your ego nor all the BS that you still have to learn before becoming a decent human being instead of just giving an impression of one.

Didn't laugh soo hard from salty post in a while, thanks.
And no I don't care about moderator closing this(unless they do it for you using pirated games and causing drama discussions), typically threads get merged and pointing out existing thread helps with it. All forums have rules, it's nothing new, learn to read them.

I wrote you all cold facts and information that can help you, you choosen to ignore it and concentrate on your virtue signalling crap, so yeah nothing more from me here.

PS. Don't quote long posts written right above yours.;p

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-02-2017, 03:42 PM
People, please, keep it civil. Yes, he posted in the wrong place, but it is not a reason to jump at each others throats.

Also, jack324, if you want the tread deleted, send me a PM.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
03-02-2017, 05:52 PM
(03-02-2017 03:42 PM)Asferot Wrote:  Also, jack324, if you want the tread deleted, send me a PM.

plz dont <3
i want to see how someone else instead of me insults Luna (nothing personal Luna i love you anyway <3)

be a team player here plz Wink

[Image: 157691566169a091e046c457a5dd8938.jpg]

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
03-14-2017, 09:12 PM
RE: Ridge Racer
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2