Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty and Vice City Stories - UI Texture Pack
05-02-2017, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 12:30 AM by SonofUgly.)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty and Vice City Stories - UI Texture Pack
This is a partial retexturing of LCS and VCS, mostly aimed at replacing the UI/HUD. I've tried to keep to the original as much as possible. What's been done:
  • Text and button icons have been replaced.
  • Radar icons and map have been redrawn.
  • HUD has been replaced (still missing some weapon icons though).
  • Some of the MC's in-game costumes (and a couple story characters) have been replaced with the higher detailed cutscene versions.
  • A few billboard's LOD textures were replaced with the higher resolution texture.
  • A few signs, vehicle textures, and random world textures (fences, shipping crates, etc.) have been replaced with textures from the PC and Xbox version of GTA3.

Downloads:
Liberty City Stories: https://github.com/SonofUgly/LCS-Texture-Pack/releases
Vice City Stories: https://github.com/SonofUgly/VCS-Texture-Pack/releases
Also did some text and small stuff for Chinatown Wars: https://github.com/SonofUgly/CW-Texture-Pack

Installation:
Put textures.ini and the folders in PPSSPP\MemStick\PSP\TEXTURES\*GAME_ID* - with GAME_ID being the game's ID displayed in PPSSPP's titlebar when you run the game (example: ULUS10160).
In PPSSPP, turn on the Replace Textures option in Settings > Tools > Developer Tools

Screenshots: (click on them to see high resolution comparisons with the original)
Liberty City Stories:
[Image: 5uDNbsah.png]
[Image: Y9g0JuPh.png]
Vice City Stories:
[Image: QEp87Qzh.png]
[Image: AAFY5KKh.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2018, 06:50 PM
RE: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty and Vice City Stories - UI Texture Pack
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Great job!

Do you plan to replace other textures (roads, vegetation, vehicles) too? Thanks for your great mod. Wink
02-05-2018, 12:46 AM
(01-15-2018 06:50 PM)eclipser89 Wrote:  Do you plan to replace other textures (roads, vegetation, vehicles) too?
No, I tried some of the GTA III Xbox grass/road textures, but they clash badly with the other low res textures and low poly models IMO. Perhaps it'd look good if someone did a complete overhaul, but I'm not going to (I don't think I'll be updating this anymore).
Though if someone else would like to do that, they're free to use any or all of this project.
08-15-2018, 08:58 PM
Wink RE: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty and Vice City Stories - UI Texture Pack
Hi, how are you? I am a new member of the forum, I was playing GTA Vice City Stories in PPSSPP and I saw that the textures are of poor quality due to the original screen size of the portable playstation, I searched for texture mods and ended up finding the UI Texture Pack that the member "SonofUgly" did in 2017, I decided to continue your project and add:
More textures in high quality
All weapon icons have been redone and replaced
Shadow Corrections (player, peds and Cars)
New loading screens and more
08-15-2018, 08:58 PM
(02-05-2018 12:46 AM)SonofUgly Wrote:  
(01-15-2018 06:50 PM)eclipser89 Wrote:  Do you plan to replace other textures (roads, vegetation, vehicles) too?
No, I tried some of the GTA III Xbox grass/road textures, but they clash badly with the other low res textures and low poly models IMO. Perhaps it'd look good if someone did a complete overhaul, but I'm not going to (I don't think I'll be updating this anymore).
Though if someone else would like to do that, they're free to use any or all of this project.

Hi, how are you? I am a new member of the forum, I was playing GTA Vice City Stories in PPSSPP and I saw that the textures are of poor quality due to the original screen size of the portable playstation, I searched for texture mods and ended up finding the UI Texture Pack that the member "SonofUgly" did in 2017, I decided to continue your project and add:
More textures in high quality
All weapon icons have been redone and replaced
Shadow Corrections (player, peds and Cars)
New loading screens and more
07-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Can you share your work? Tia.
11-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Hi, your texture packs look great Smile
I added some missing letters to your font textures and I noticed that there are some lines in the .ini which need to be renamed from Hud/ to HUD/ and from Misc/Particles/ to Particles/
I'll attach my edits

Attached File(s)
.zip  Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories.zip (Size: 351.84 KB / Downloads: 921)
.zip  Grand Theft Auto - Vice City Stories.zip (Size: 351.01 KB / Downloads: 1023)