Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Direct x 11 new mode is more better that opengl?
04-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Direct x 11 new mode is more better that opengl?
well i check this new versión of ppsspp 1.4 and i see the new d3d11 my question is this versión is more better that opengl?have more quality in the games?

my idea is play games of persona 1,2 and 3 and final fantasy vii and metal gear peace Walker.

what is the difference of this d3d11 and the opengl?

my pc is
amd 5770
amd phenom ii 955 x4 3.2 GHz
6 gb ram drr3
Windows 7 64 bits sp1
1920x1080 lcd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2017, 12:02 AM
RE: Direct x 11 new mode is more better that opengl?
It is just a different way for the emulator to "talk" to the graphics card. Some combinations of hardware and software (OS and drivers) will work better (faster) with one over the other.
04-30-2017, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2017 02:44 AM by Asferot.)
To add to what @TkSilver said.

But most of the times there is no noticeable difference.
Also, Dx11 mode is still broken on PPSSPP.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
04-30-2017, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 05:46 AM by elcorsico.)
yeah , dx11 not bad but missing texture in some games

pes 2014 BLES , ....

resolve this master ppsspp ;-)

thanks
04-30-2017, 06:15 AM
If you find a bug in it that's not already on this list:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...ct3D+11%22

And doesn't happen in OpenGL, you should report it. Make sure to include:

* Which specific game or games it happens in.
* What it looks like, and what it should look like (ideally screenshots.)
* What video card you're using.
* What version of Windows you're using.
* Which build of PPSSPP you tested (I suggest v1.4-160-g54e2b2b or newer from the git builds page.)

-[Unknown]
04-30-2017, 09:23 PM
(04-30-2017 05:38 AM)elcorsico Wrote:  yeah , dx11 not bad but missing texture in some games

resolve this master ppsspp ;-)

thanks

in what game?i only look a very mínimum problem in persona 2 in the menú screen of the butterflee the line of the options appear more Slim in d3d11 that the versión of opengl and the red color of the menú is more in the opengl versión.
04-30-2017, 10:27 PM
We don't know all the games that have issues with the new DirectX backend yet, because it probably has not been tested in every game.

This is why Unknown would like you to report any bugs you do find in the way he posted. This is how emulators improve.
05-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Win 7, x64, Videocard: ATI radeon HD 7870, driver ver. whql-win7-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17.1.2-feb6. Backend: D3D11. Game: Metal gear portable OPS. While playing everything seems to be alright, but as soon as you try to load a savestate:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-01-2017, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 09:10 PM by navoletti.)
(04-30-2017 06:15 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  If you find a bug in it that's not already on this list:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...ct3D+11%22

And doesn't happen in OpenGL, you should report it. Make sure to include:

* Which specific game or games it happens in.
* What it looks like, and what it should look like (ideally screenshots.)
* What video card you're using.
* What version of Windows you're using.
* Which build of PPSSPP you tested (I suggest v1.4-160-g54e2b2b or newer from the git builds page.)

-[Unknown]

i m not sure is only a problem of 1.4 versión or this happen only in direct x 11 but each time that open the emulator for first time and charge a game a Little message appear Try frameskip , sound is choppy when slow but the speed and the game work fine i suppose is a bug that cause this message appear,my frameskipping is dissable same of the default mode of the emulator and this never happen in v 1.3
05-01-2017, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017 12:00 AM by [Unknown].)
v1.4 now tells you if you are consistently running below 100% speed, because sometimes people didn't notice (they instead noticed the sound scratchiness or etc. that results from speed being too low.) If you are running at 90% speed, it will still tell you. This message means the game is not running at the same speed as the developer intended for it to.

You can enable the FPS display in settings, which will show more information, so you can see exactly the speed it is actually running at.

As the message suggests, you may want to try enabling frameskip (for example, set it to 1 and check Auto Frameskip.) This will skip frames as necessary to bring you up to full speed.

The message is only shown at most once per run of PPSSPP.

-[Unknown]