Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
PSN Playstation 1 game (Parasite Eve) is in Eboot. Not compatible?
04-14-2017, 02:24 AM
PSN Playstation 1 game (Parasite Eve) is in Eboot. Not compatible?
I have a PSP but when I moved, I left it back home.

I am a Parasite Eve speedrunner and the PSP version is a TON faster than on any console. So, I have the digital download on my PSP.

The guide says to just copy it but when I do so, the emulator says it doesn't work with eboot. Contradictory, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2017, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2017 02:49 AM by TkSilver.)
RE: PSN Playstation 1 game (Parasite Eve) is in Eboot. Not compatible?
PPSSPP does not support PoPs (Playstation one Portable Station, sony's acronym not mine).

I don't know where the time savings are in speed running but epsxe does support the eboot standard on the newer builds. Don't know if it will help.
04-14-2017, 04:05 AM
The PSP just emulates PS1 games. There's no reason to expect PPSSPP emulating a PSP running POPS emulating a PS1 running Parasite Eve to be faster than a PS1 emulator.

The PSP and PS1 were both MIPS devices, which was likely key to the PS1 emulation. That and loading from flash storage are probably why it's fast, if it is. I'm not sure it's a safe assumption that these benefits would "pass along" to PPSSPP, especially if it were performing "emuception" and emulating an emulator.

-[Unknown]
04-14-2017, 05:05 AM
i believe what he mean in fact that ppsspp is faster in managing, even "unthrottle" is better. not to mention savestates (even so they are unstable)
and in the end there is far less to configure.

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com