Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems?
03-12-2017, 11:29 PM
RE: Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems?
(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As for forums, this place isn't all that active so not many people check it often, there was some problem just days ago with forums being completely down as well. When you found a regression, better search on [URL removed due to posting restrictions] if it wasn't already reported.
OK.

(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  When you find issues that seem similar, ie starting similar problems from same version even if game differs or affecting same game on other platform it's probably still same problem, ie your issue is likely related to this, so you could try changing settings->tools->dev tools->CPU Core from JIT to one of the interpreters(IR is faster).
If that does help instead of opening new issue, just add your information to that one I linked above as it would be same thing.
Yes, that does fix the issue. Unfortunately my system is too slow to run games properly with the interpreter, but at least it confirms that it's the same problem.

I'll register on Github and post my information in that issue.

(03-12-2017 12:28 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  Often no dev has a bugged game, so without users providing useful information, the issue might never get fixed as it really is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
I understand. The main reason I registered on the forum was to help report bugs. PPSSPP is a great piece of software and I want to do whatever I can to help improve it. I'm not a programmer, so reporting bugs is about all I can offer. People say I'm good at finding them. Back in the 80s, I used to frustrate a friend who ran a Commodore BBS. "It's been running for five days straight, leave it to you to find a way to crash it!" Smile

I'm not really that familiar with Github. It's always seemed like a 'messy' site compared to SourceForge.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do the devs check the threads in Playable Games for new problems? - Rekrul - 03-12-2017 11:29 PM