Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adhoc problems - PLS HELP!
03-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Question Adhoc problems - PLS HELP!
I need help in setting up adhoc. I really wanna play adhoc via LAN with my little bro but ppsspp just simply refuses. I've done everything i can but to no avail. I've allowed the firewall to let ppsspp access public and private networks, enabled built in adhoc server, the host address is my pc's ip address, tried disabling and enabling features back and forth but still nothing happens. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can intialize the network but it freezes whenever the online gathering hall loads, Gran Turismo psp on the other hand is quite weird. I can open a lobby and the other pc can detect it but the lobby appears and disappears at regular intervals and i try to connect to one but the only result is "connection failed". What can i do to solve this problem because i wanna play so bad. I'll try to play and connect other games to see if these are game specific problems. Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Adhoc problems - PLS HELP!
(03-05-2017 12:16 PM)Stormtrooper Wrote:  Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can intialize the network but it freezes whenever the online gathering hall loads Thanks in advance

If you have the non-HD version you need "PAUTH" files to decrypt the game. With HD version you don't have this problem, so either try get those files or try with the HD version instead.
03-05-2017, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 04:00 PM by Stormtrooper.)
I already have the pauth files. I can run the game normally in singleplayer with all settings maxed out at 8x psp resolution

(03-05-2017 03:39 PM)tywald Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 12:16 PM)Stormtrooper Wrote:  Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can intialize the network but it freezes whenever the online gathering hall loads Thanks in advance

If you have the non-HD version you need "PAUTH" files to decrypt the game. With HD version you don't have this problem, so either try get those files or try with the HD version instead.

I already have the pauth files. I can run the game normally in singleplayer with all settings maxed out at 8x psp resolution
03-05-2017, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 05:07 PM by tywald.)
Ah ok, I assumed it was the "loading screen"(literally), but if it freezes the moment you try to go online it should say after a few seconds(10s) with "A communication error has occurred" which means the IP you are connecting to is not working so make sure it's correct. If you have a space at the end of the IP it won't work either, it has to be exact. If it's instead just standing there like nothing is happening but sound is still working then it's most likely the MAC address which is formatted wrong, in that case just click on MAC address in the emulator and it will generate a new one.
03-06-2017, 02:13 AM
(03-05-2017 04:58 PM)tywald Wrote:  Ah ok, I assumed it was the "loading screen"(literally), but if it freezes the moment you try to go online it should say after a few seconds(10s) with "A communication error has occurred" which means the IP you are connecting to is not working so make sure it's correct. If you have a space at the end of the IP it won't work either, it has to be exact. If it's instead just standing there like nothing is happening but sound is still working then it's most likely the MAC address which is formatted wrong, in that case just click on MAC address in the emulator and it will generate a new one.

No error pop up or anything. The game just freezes(but the program itself doesnt) in the middle of loading screen and it stays there until i exit monster hunter. I've tried changing the MAC address many times but to no avail
03-06-2017, 07:37 AM
(03-05-2017 03:45 PM)Stormtrooper Wrote:  I already have the pauth files. I can run the game normally in singleplayer with all settings maxed out at 8x psp resolution

Where did you put it?
PC version: Inside Memstick folder, but not inside PSP folder.
Android Version: SDcard root (Not inside PSP Folder)
You can run the game in single player even without this folder but it will freeze when you enter online gathering hall. (if it only has 8files inside, it's not complete)

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
03-06-2017, 10:28 AM
(03-06-2017 07:37 AM)nc50lc Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 03:45 PM)Stormtrooper Wrote:  I already have the pauth files. I can run the game normally in singleplayer with all settings maxed out at 8x psp resolution

Where did you put it?
PC version: Inside Memstick folder, but not inside PSP folder.
Android Version: SDcard root (Not inside PSP Folder)
You can run the game in single player even without this folder but it will freeze when you enter online gathering hall. (if it only has 8files inside, it's not complete)

Too add on this, here is how it should look like: http://imgur.com/a/k8dYR

I remember a guy had the same problem in our Evolve group but the problem disappeared when he got those files so it has to be those.

And by loading screen, it's this right? Which I first assumed: http://images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.c...85800a.jpg