Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About touch sensitivity.
03-04-2017, 11:19 AM
About touch sensitivity.
Hello and excuse me if I posted in the wrong section but I could not find a Q&A section to post.
In any case, I have a problem I would require assistance if you could.
Although games run pretty much great on my device (Zte Axon7, 820 SoC, 4gb ram), the buttons are not.
What I mean by that is when I press directly above, say, the X button, the button doesn't activate.
Same goes for all the buttons in the virtual touch controller.
I have to press a bit to the left of each button to register the touch, which makes playing irritating.
I'm on Android 7.1.1, tested latest stable and test build, both produced the same result.
Tested the touchscreen itself through Android developer mode-> Show pointer location and it was working as it should.
Tried to change touch settings but couldn't manage to fix it.
So long story short help me, I'm stuck. Tongue
Have a nice day. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: About touch sensitivity.
I fixed it.
If anyone wants to know how, a Redditor gave me the idea.
You just have to force the on screen navigation buttons and it will work nicely.

Credits to KickMeElmo or reddit.
03-05-2017, 03:15 PM
(03-05-2017 12:48 PM)nfsmw_gr Wrote:  I fixed it.
You just have to force the on screen navigation buttons and it will work nicely.

Hi there,
What do you mean by forced?, explain how you did this, the method, so the community here can replicate your solution.
It will be interesting I am sure. Huh
03-05-2017, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 03:30 PM by nfsmw_gr.)
(03-05-2017 03:15 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 12:48 PM)nfsmw_gr Wrote:  I fixed it.

Hi there,
What do you mean by forced?, explain how you did this, the method, so the community here can replicate your solution.
It will be interesting I am sure. Huh
Yes of course.
The Axon 7 I use has both capacitive buttons under the screen and an on-screen software navigation bar at will.
There seemed to be some scaling conflict with the navbar if it's disabled, but there's an option in settings to keep it enabled.
If the navbar is enabled the buttons scale at the exact touch points rather then left of the buttons.
This will not work on all phones, of course, I doubt there are many devices that use that feature, to be honest.
If this happens on a phone that doesn't have this setting, here's the manual way on how to enable the navbar.

How to Enable Soft Keys:

Section 1: Pre-requisites

You need to have root access on your device.
Install Root Explorer or ES File Explorer or any file manager with which you can access the system partition. Below steps are given for Root Explorer.
Make sure your device is at least 70% charged to avoid complications during the process.

Section 2: Procedure

Open your preferred file manager and mount the system partition as read-write in stead of read only. Grant superuser access when it prompts.
Go to the system folder present in the root of file system. i.e the path- /system
root explorer

Now open the file “build.prop” in any Text Editor. For Root Explorer users, long click on “build.prop” file and tap on “Open with Text Editor”. (Before editing this file, for a safety, copy this file to the external memory card and save as a backup.)
build.prop

Now add the following line to this file at the end:

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Save and Exit.
Now reboot your device.

Voila! You now have soft keys on your device!

If soft keys are still not enabled, please check if you have typed in the exact line as above. There are some apps which do this for you with a single click. But these apps may cause boot loops. Happy Androiding!

Credits: Rahul Pande
Java Developer and Android enthusiast.
03-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Thank you. Smile