Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
question:reduce the lag in cutscenes and in the game.
12-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Photo question:reduce the lag in cutscenes and in the game.
well i play persona games and metal gear solid but in few secs i have a Little lag and the fraps reduce in 2 sec...the sound and the cutscenes suffering lag in this Little secs...

any chance for fix?
my system is phenom ii 955 x4
5770 vapor x
Windows 7 64 bits

ppsspp 1.3 x64

my config is this my question is that what options i need disable for play in 1920x1080 wihtout lag and cutscenes with 2 or 3 secs with low fps.

my phenom ii 3.2 GHz processors have options in this emulator for have more better performance that i not understood much.

[Image: bfpuhvY.png]

[Image: hN2mdWp.png]

[Image: NpJSCSw.png]

[Image: eOq0WWe.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2016, 05:44 PM
RE: question:reduce the lag in cutscenes and in the game.
If your fps drops aren't constant, but only for 2-3 seconds when something new shows up it's most likely caused by texture scaling, that feature is very heavy and uses cpu. It does try to limit work per frame, but combined with another software that puts a lot of load on cpu like fraps it would easily be too much and you might need to disable one or the other completely.

Other possibility rendering resolution set to x8 which also might be too much and cause ocassional drops just as easily, this time because of your gpu. Note that you don't really gain "quality" from using rendering resolution above your display resolution without downscaling shader, combined with fxaa it's really pretty pointless and also wasteful since that effect works best if render res is same as display res meaning x4(or auto) for 1080p.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
12-13-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 08:00 PM by navoletti.)
RE: question:reduce the lag in cutscenes and in the game.
(12-13-2016 05:44 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  If your fps drops aren't constant, but only for 2-3 seconds when something new shows up it's most likely caused by texture scaling, that feature is very heavy and uses cpu. It does try to limit work per frame, but combined with another software that puts a lot of load on cpu like fraps it would easily be too much and you might need to disable one or the other completely.

Other possibility rendering resolution set to x8 which also might be too much and cause ocassional drops just as easily, this time because of your gpu. Note that you don't really gain "quality" from using rendering resolution above your display resolution without downscaling shader, combined with fxaa it's really pretty pointless and also wasteful since that effect works best if render res is same as display res meaning x4(or auto) for 1080p.

well i need change psp x8 to psp x4 and continue with the fxxa or change pspx4 and disable the fxaa.

i have cutscenes lag in persona 1 game.