Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
full screen flickering in ppsspp?
10-21-2013, 03:58 AM
full screen flickering in ppsspp?
hey guys, I am really confused by this. Ive never had any issues before, but now suddenly when I go fullscreen in games, I get flicker, and even notice slowdown. im posting this here because I only started having the issue shortly after using ppsspp, although I am in no way pointing the blame at ppsspp, I am merely asking for help.

whenever I attempt to go fullscreen, I get flicker issues. i bought and installed crysis 1 on steam, around the same time as ppsspp, and after finding that it doesn't do 1080p in 60hz (without some sort of weird workarounds) i started getting weird full screen flickering issues in ppsspp and other games\programs. but heres where it gets weird: its not on many games at all. only a few. I have NVidia and 3dvision, whats weird is when i enable stereoscopic 3d support, i get no flicker issues in ppsspp and other programs. once disabled though, that's when the flickering occurs. turning down the hz (59hz instead of 60hz) does nothing. i still get flickering.

I recently bought an SSD drive for my system, and did a clean install, everything reformatted, windows reinstalled, etc. but the issue is still there. I am using the latest NVidia drivers, and updated to windows 8.1. the thing is though, I was using these versions even before the issue started, and a clean install did nothing to fix it.... :-\ i am at a loss. I run my HTPC setup on my tv, so it only goes up to 60hz. again, this was never a problem before, so what could be the cause now? :-\
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 02:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 02:54 AM by unvaluablespace.)
RE: full screen flickering in ppsspp?
Gee guys, thanks for the help...

Anyways, I figured out the problem....such an odd, simple problem. Can't say much about any of my other games giving fullscreen issues, but regarding ppsspp, I feel rather dumb.... apparently when you go to full screen (whether by clicking the menu, alt+enter, etc) I believe that PPSSPP thinks you have selected alt to access the file menu up top of the window, because hitting alt again makes the issue go away......weird.... :-\

EDIT: ugh. apparently that only works in the 0.9.1 build. any development builds the issue still occurs (seems worse actually)
10-30-2013, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 03:33 AM by Blyss Sarania.)
(10-29-2013 02:51 AM)unvaluablespace Wrote:  Gee guys, thanks for the help...

Anyways, I figured out the problem....such an odd, simple problem. Can't say much about any of my other games giving fullscreen issues, but regarding ppsspp, I feel rather dumb.... apparently when you go to full screen (whether by clicking the menu, alt+enter, etc) I believe that PPSSPP thinks you have selected alt to access the file menu up top of the window, because hitting alt again makes the issue go away......weird.... :-\

EDIT: ugh. apparently that only works in the 0.9.1 build. any development builds the issue still occurs (seems worse actually)

I don't have this issue, and I often alt enter to full screen. You sure you don't have alt enter hotkeyed some other way(hey I know it's a long shot... I'm going through and answering all the unanswered questions. There are no more questions to answer on the PCSX2 forums LOL)

Also did you try to uninstall/reinstall gfx drivers? When I had an nvidia card, I had WEIRD problems when the 3d vision driver was installed. Maybe try install the drivers without it.
12-10-2016, 05:59 AM
Make sure your window is not minimized or half open- in otherwords fully expanded, then hit f11. I don't know why but this makes it go in full screen no problem for me.
12-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Hey update here. You must maximize the window by dragging it all the way up first. It didn't work when I maximizes it by clicking the tiny square by the window close button. Windows 10 also is what I'm using.
12-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Windows 10 in general has weird quirks with full screen stuff.

Everything is Hitsuzen!