Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
failed to load state (after LATEST version, so please check this out)
11-19-2016, 06:14 PM
failed to load state (after LATEST version, so please check this out)
i know this problem is very common and all of ppsspp users already know about this.
but this just happened recently, i usually don't get this error, in fact, i never got this since a very very long time i forgot when.
but it happened again after i got the latest v1.3-146-g9c08b60 build from LunaMoo (got this from buildbot.orphis). before i used it, there was no error at all, including the save/loading states. but it happened with that build.
and i know that states don't always compatible among builds, i already know that, but that's not the case here. before i use every latest build, i always save the game normally first, load it normally on the new build, then i can safely use the state feature again. but this error then came up "after a few uses" of state saves/loads, no matter where the point i was at in the game, after that, the state can never be used again, as if it's corrupted.
then i tried a version earlier, it's v1.3-144-g5df685f from Hrydgard, i tried exactly the same, but the exact same error occurred, after a few uses of the feature.
i just think this is a bit weird because it happens to me with a latest build, while a bit far older one i used before these ones (early v.1.2~) did just fine.
i wonder if it just happens to me or another users.
oh, the game is PhotoKano and Tactics Ogre by the way, but the Tactics Ogre just tasted this error twice or thrice, after that it's fine so far, just had a flickering screen issue but i've figured a way out.
and thank you very much in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: failed to load state (after LATEST version, so please check this out)
You should try to find which is the first commit that caused the problems, saying that something is buggy now while it was working years ago does not help, even less without mentioning any information about the system you're running.

Instead of checking builds one by one, get full list and check version about in the middle between the one that's broken and one which is last you remember working, and continue repeating this process which will allow you to find when it broke much faster.

As far as I can tell savestates work fine here and don't remember anyone complaining about them from quite a while, so the problem might be specific to your system or some dangerous settings you're using. Try restoring settings to default or removing ppsspp.ini completely if you kept the old one when updating.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-20-2016, 05:12 PM
(11-20-2016 12:57 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  saying that something is buggy now while it was working years ago does not help, even less without mentioning any information about the system you're running.

As far as I can tell savestates work fine here and don't remember anyone complaining about them from quite a while

Try restoring settings to default or removing ppsspp.ini completely if you kept the old one when updating.

well, that's exactly why i'm asking about this, because i wonder why it's "buggy now while it was working years ago". i said that on my first post.
in short, my system's powered with GTX750i, Core i5, 8gb RAM, not an extraordinaire gig but i thought it won't be necessary because as i've said before, it was running fine all the time up until now, that's why i didn't provide my system's spec.
and savestate's working fine here too, it's just the loadstate that crashed the program, i can savestate, but when i loaded it, it crashed and the state is "considered" broken for both the latest versions, can never be loaded again as it will still crash the program over and over again.
and for the settings, i didn't mess with it too much, i only adjust just a few of the graphic options and no more, and of course i've also tried to revert it to default but it doesn't make a difference.

it's pretty hard for me to report this problem to begin with because i know this is a common thing, so i'm sorry if you feel irritated by this from a user, but i didn't mean to complain, just thought i'd help the dev team to notice if there's a problem to the newly tweaked version like users usually do. but if there's actually nothing wrong with it, then it's totally fine, i'll consider this a problem specifically for my system and i can stick to the older version until i got the later version that runs smooth for my PC.

and thank you very much for the reply, it relieved me, have a nice day.
11-20-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm not neglecting you have a problem by saying it doesn't happen to me nor I haven't heard others with such problem, don't be so defensive. And if I'm not overly welcoming then sorry, in general internet is full of nasty and very frustrated people, so if you didn't learnt yet why people might be treating every new person with a distance, I wish you to never learn that and be happy;p.

Also by savestates I meant feature in general, I didn't really sat there spamming savestate key to check, I just use it normally maybe even abusing it a bit I have a chance to mess around some games to do some hacks as savestate are really helpful since they reproduce exact state of memory including game code. If you can't load a savestate, it generally would mean something bad happens to it while saving through or there's other problem that just breaks the game and savestate keeps all problems.

If the problem happens just to you, it doesn't mean it's not a problem, in fact it could be happening to more people and they are all shy to say anything as the forum isn't really active lately aside from spam bots and people who never write anything discussing how bad spam bots are hereTongue. So yeah you shouldn't feel discoraged and try to find when the problem started, going by half it shouldn't take that much effort to check and if noone affected will care to do it, it might be impossible to find what's causing it.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.