Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
xbox 360 controller - linux/ubuntu
11-04-2016, 05:55 AM
xbox 360 controller - linux/ubuntu
Hi, my first post here.

I'm trying to get my xbox360 wireless controller working with ppsspp under ubuntu 14.04. I'm using the controller with other emulators (mednafen, mupen64, mame) without any problem. As driver "xboxdrv" instead of "xpad" is activated, but xboxdrv is startet with option "mimic-xpad".

In the controller setup menu i cannot assign any buttons or direction pad. There hapens nothing. I installed a ppa (testing) package from this site - it should be compiled out of git master branch source, which since one month includes the sdl controller database (?) - launchpad.net/~ppsspp/+archive/ubuntu/testing

Yesterday i tried to compile latest source on my system by myself, but i failed because of my environment.

Does someone has any hint, what i can do to get the controller working with ppsspp, since there's no problem with the other emus.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: xbox 360 controller - linux/ubuntu
if any other solution fails u can try antimicro

http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-antimic...rivatives/

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
11-05-2016, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 03:53 PM by ciaccom.)
RE: xbox 360 controller - linux/ubuntu
Thank's for your answer! .. but, i want to use the xbox360 controller with more emulators simultanely (Kodi: Addon Rom Collections Browser). The controller is working via the "user-space" xboxdrv driver basically.

Maybe in the ppa (see 1st post / git) i use, the new extension ("SDL controller DB") is not integrated. So i'm (still) trying to compile the git source, but i get:

Code:
Linking CXX executable PPSSPPSDL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lswresample
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [PPSSPPSDL] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/PPSSPPSDL.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

I did following command to get the prerequesites (ext .. Libs) after git cloning the source before.

Code:
git submodule update --init

the swresample libs should be there under the ppsspp source tree:
Code:
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86/include/libswresample
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86/include/libswresample/swresample.h
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86/include/libswresample/version.h
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86/lib/libswresample.a
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86_64/include/libswresample
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86_64/include/libswresample/swresample.h
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86_64/include/libswresample/version.h
/usr/local/src/ppsspp/ffmpeg/linux/x86_64/lib/libswresample.a

before compiling i followed these instructions (README.txt): github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/tree/master/SDL

I would like to try the git version before emulating my pad, but unfortunately fail with compiling. Any help?

Thanks!