Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Sims 2
05-01-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: The Sims 2
I really, trully, wanted to play this game, but either my luck run out or there is something wrong I had this problem.
I was opening the game and so far so good until I get into the screen where I should create a sim. The screen didn't show me the model and the background behind it, but the menu are still visible.
I'm using ppsspp 0.95 with ATI Radeon HD4570 Intel Celeron ® core duo with 2GB RAM... err, what again... oh yeah, I'm also using Windows XP SP3 on laptop Axioo Neon MNA. I knew that maybe my VGA was outdated and I tried to update it, but because ATI no longer support laptop update, I was at lost on what to do. I already tried to update it and the result is my screen turned into 4-bit with 640x480 resolution.
If anyone here know how to help, I would really appreciate it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 12:39 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: The Sims 2
You say you used version.....0.9.5, have you not tried the latest beta which at writing this would be: v0.9.8-561-g2b50fcb
You can find it here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
Make sure to use the correct version depending on your Windows operating system (32 or 64 bit).

Hope that helps with your problem. Cool
05-05-2014, 10:59 AM
That worked nicely for me! Thanks for the help~ It meant a lot for me!
I thought 0.9.8 won't work with me because at first my screen become rainbow mess.... but after I get the latest build, it somehow disappeared
05-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Thumbs Up RE: The Sims 2
(05-05-2014 10:59 AM)rin966 Wrote:  That worked nicely for me! Thanks for the help~ It meant a lot for me!
I thought 0.9.8 won't work with me because at first my screen become rainbow mess.... but after I get the latest build, it somehow disappeared

And it means a lot to me to be able to help some people, as i'm not very knowledgable on emulation to be honest. Blush
08-18-2014, 04:14 AM
well i have a Samsung S4 Mini and cant play Sims 2 cause when enter game black screen appear how to solve it? Using 9.9 Build from orphis latest

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2015, 12:24 AM
please help, i used the latest ppsspp 1.0xxx, the sims got broken, it's flikering
02-06-2015, 02:19 AM
just use the newest ppsspp build 36 the issue is gone, the sims is normal thanks
10-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Any working cheats for this?
02-17-2016, 09:57 AM
Anyone here know cheats code for this game
07-23-2016, 09:04 AM
hi, i also have a problem, i'm playing sims2 psp on android device, 4.3 jellybean ppsspp 1.2.2.0
my problem is when i get to the area47 map, i have this goal to reach relationship 4 on jenny smith, after i have reach relationship 4, a "goal complete" would appear in the screen. but after that, the screen would stay in chat mode when it should have gone back to move/play mode, and all i can do is rotate the screen using L1 R1, i have saved my game before this happened so i just kept in trying if it would work somehow.
06-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Hey there! I know I'm late to this forum but I've only just started emulating and I cant get the sims 2 psp to working it does the starting intro then says theres no data I am hoping you can help me or tell me where to get a working sims 2 psp rom. thank you in advance.
12-09-2022, 08:26 AM
If you are getting stuck on the Kine area on ppsspp try not talking to sara but rather gain level 4 friendship with the African american male leader