Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Settings, Game settings, and ppsspp.ini
10-21-2016, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 12:43 PM by firespin.)
Question Question about Settings, Game settings, and ppsspp.ini
After playing Daxter, I realized there is a "game settings" option that appears and seems to be separate from "settings" you see on PPSSPP's home when no game is loaded. Is "game settings" something that is saved for changes made in each individual game?

Another question:
I noticed 3 files in the folder /PSP/SYSTEM . After some slight testing it seems:
controls.ini - Default settings PPSSPP is installed with. This is used when you want to restore PPSSPP settings back to default.
ppsspp.ini - This file saves any changes made in Settings on Home. This file is used when you want to restore game settings.
UCUS98618_ppsspp.ini - This files save changes made for a individual game.

Would the above be correct? Also does each game get their own #####_ppsspp.ini file?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Question about Settings, Game settings, and ppsspp.ini
If you select the option to create game config from the menu while the game is running (the screen that has the save states as well then yes it will create a seprate .ini file.

The individual game settings just means that if you change the settings before you start any game it will only effect games without their own individual game settings.

The .ini fikes are
ppsspp.ini - changed ppsspp settings for any game with out a saved config
controls.ini - gamepad/keyboard settings (up down x o ect.)
_ppsspp.ini is the backup settings (I think or it could be a deprecated settings ini from an update)

And the various game code .ini are the individual game settings.

The same setting options are available in the general settings as well as the in game settings mode.
10-21-2016, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2016 10:05 PM by firespin.)
(10-21-2016 04:34 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  If you select the option to create game config from the menu while the game is running (the screen that has the save states as well then yes it will create a seprate .ini file.

The individual game settings just means that if you change the settings before you start any game it will only effect games without their own individual game settings.

The .ini fikes are
ppsspp.ini - changed ppsspp settings for any game with out a saved config
controls.ini - gamepad/keyboard settings (up down x o ect.)
_ppsspp.ini is the backup settings (I think or it could be a deprecated settings ini from an update)

And the various game code .ini are the individual game settings.

The same setting options are available in the general settings as well as the in game settings mode.

TkSilver is the file UCUS98618_ppsspp.ini backup settings or game settings? I noticed if I moved the file to a different folder, some of the gamepad settings (buttons pressed to play) are now different. So it seems the game is using the UCUS98618_ppsspp.ini file, and if it is not there then the game must use a different file.
10-22-2016, 01:40 AM
If ucusxxxxx is not there then ppsspp will use
ppsspp.ini for general settings (graphics/sounds/system /etc...) and
controls.ini for gamepad settings (if it exists or deafult if it does not)
10-25-2016, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2016 05:18 AM by firespin.)
(10-22-2016 01:40 AM)TkSilver Wrote:  If ucusxxxxx is not there then ppsspp will use
ppsspp.ini for general settings (graphics/sounds/system /etc...) and
controls.ini for gamepad settings (if it exists or deafult if it does not)

Yeah this file is my game config specifically for Daxter. When I was playing a different game I clicked the option "create game fig" and another similar file was created for the other game. I didn't know ppsspp can save config files for each specific game (I'm new to ppsspp), which is great. I must of done the same for Daxter without realizing it.