Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cant play online on MHFU/GT
10-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Cant play online on MHFU/GT
Good day everyone, sorry if this seems to be the wrong place to post it, but ive been having serious issues playing online and i dont know why

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite:

Can join the hall lobby just fine. But when i start a quest the loading takes up a long time and as soon as it starts it tells me the party has disbanded and i am alone. This happens on both hosted and joined quests

Gran Turismo:

Friend hosts a party, the adhoc list tells me there's someone in one of the lobbies, then the game freezes for half a second, tells me there's no one there, then freezes again and tells me there's someone there, etc. and keeps doing this. When i join either it tells me connection failed or we are both in the lobby, but it wont let me pick a car (or i do, and the lobby says i haven't) and it doesn't recognize ive pressed ok

SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3:

Can see my friend on the adhoc server list and he cant see me when i host a game.

I have no idea why this is happening, since my friend has been able to play MHFU just fine with a random stranger.

No anti virus, no firewall, everything set accoringly to every tutorial out there. Only difference being the lack of a hamachi/logmein/etc. and other programs since they are only there to allow me to see my IP or my friends IP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 06:05 AM by Lutiel.)
RE: Cant play online on MHFU/GT
(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  Good day everyone, sorry if this seems to be the wrong place to post it, but ive been having serious issues playing online and i dont know why...

seems like synchronization trouble. check if any timer hacks, speed hacks ehabled, or frameskip. and disable it.
make sure your connection is strong, and ping with other players is low
also try latest nightly build of ppsspp and change only settings you need to connect to each other(ips, wlan)

I will play multiplayer MHU, MHP3rd, Patapon 3, Final Fantasy Type-0, any racing, maybe MGS peace walker.
Feel free to write
discord - lutiel#2541
Tunngle(RIP) - Lutiel

patapon 3 discord server - https://discord.gg/qD3dRyy

monster hunter discord server - https://discord.gg/invite/YuE42eh
10-10-2016, 07:07 PM
(10-10-2016 06:04 AM)Lutiel Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  Good day everyone, sorry if this seems to be the wrong place to post it, but ive been having serious issues playing online and i dont know why...

seems like synchronization trouble. check if any timer hacks, speed hacks ehabled, or frameskip. and disable it.
make sure your connection is strong, and ping with other players is low
also try latest nightly build of ppsspp and change only settings you need to connect to each other(ips, wlan)

His internet was quite fast. Mine not so much but it was okish. No speed or timer hacks at all. Frameskip disabled. We live in the same country, so i doubt that it would have caused a giantic issue.
10-11-2016, 11:10 AM
(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  Monster Hunter Freedom Unite:

Can join the hall lobby just fine. But when i start a quest the loading takes up a long time and as soon as it starts it tells me the party has disbanded and i am alone. This happens on both hosted and joined quests

This is usually:
A) You haven't turned off "Fast Memory" yet.
B) Firewall or other security software is blocking incoming connections, i.e it blocks other people from connecting to you when you are the host of the quest.

(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  No anti virus, no firewall, everything set accoringly to every tutorial out there. Only difference being the lack of a hamachi/logmein/etc. and other programs since they are only there to allow me to see my IP or my friends IP.

Double check that they are off, I've read/heard many times before and they were just assuming Smile

You can also try to open the following UDP ports: 10000, 20001-20004 which the game uses(according Listening Ports in Resource Monitor). Maybe also TCP 27312. If you use VPN such as Hamachi you only need to open the port the program uses(or enable UPnP) because one of the goals with VPN is to tunnel everything through a single port.
10-11-2016, 04:43 PM
(10-11-2016 11:10 AM)tywald Wrote:  
(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  Monster Hunter Freedom Unite:

This is usually:
A) You haven't turned off "Fast Memory" yet.
B) Firewall or other security software is blocking incoming connections, i.e it blocks other people from connecting to you when you are the host of the quest.

(10-09-2016 10:14 PM)Dr. Death Wrote:  No anti virus, no firewall, everything set accoringly to every tutorial out there. Only difference being the lack of a hamachi/logmein/etc. and other programs since they are only there to allow me to see my IP or my friends IP.

Double check that they are off, I've read/heard many times before and they were just assuming Smile

You can also try to open the following UDP ports: 10000, 20001-20004 which the game uses(according Listening Ports in Resource Monitor). Maybe also TCP 27312. If you use VPN such as Hamachi you only need to open the port the program uses(or enable UPnP) because one of the goals with VPN is to tunnel everything through a single port.

Double Triple Quad-checked that fast memory is off. I have no anti virus. Firewall on windows ive set to be disabled and even then i checked up the exception list and PPSSPP its free in there. No idea how to change ports tho.

I can only see the x64 bit in the firewall. Does the PPSSPP online gameplay requires the 32bit .exe in some parts? because if it does, it might be that.
10-11-2016, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 09:09 AM by tywald.)
I see. And there is no 3rd party firewall installed either or? And btw, is it disabled for both private & public networks? Or just one of them?

If you don't use the 32-bit version of the emulator then you don't have to add it.

I don't know if you are aware but slowing down the emulator during loading screen isn't necessary anymore since v0.9.8-890-g1445d5a. If you don't know about it, it was just a trick to get it working over 2 years ago.
It shouldn't be that much of a problem, in my experience those that use it just creates unnecessary long loading for the others but it works if everyone just waits, provided that Fast Memory and Firewall(s) are turned off for everyone. Nowadays when the loading is long it usually means someone will break off.

You port forward in your router, you usually type 192.168.1.1 in your browser, you can check your connection details in Network and Sharing Center and look up what IP address your "Gateway" has, that would be the one to type in your browser to access the router. For me it was 192.168.1.1 as I said earlier. Login details is usually written underneath the device. You can check https://portforward.com/router.htm and find your router there to see how this process work.

If it still doesn't work then maybe try with a different PC.
10-12-2016, 12:36 AM
How do i port forward then? the website isn't of much help.

What WAN interface should i use?
Should the server IP and the WAN IP adress be the same?
What should be my start-end ports and the translation start-end ports?
Is hamachi really required?
10-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Disregard. Something really odd happened. Joined a friend's adhoc server with hamachi and suddenly i can play. I will need to check if coldbird also requires some kind of hamachi logmein connection to see if the same issue happens, however i have not found anything similar.
10-12-2016, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 09:08 AM by tywald.)
(10-12-2016 12:36 AM)Dr. Death Wrote:  How do i port forward then? the website isn't of much help.

Here is an example for my old router: https://portforward.com/netgear/wnr1000/
From https://portforward.com/router.htm I clicked on "Netgear"(manufacturer) then WNR1000(router model) then BOOM, steps are laid out for it Smile

I don't see what the problem is, there are even screenshots to show you how to port forward Confused Do you know your router's name?

(10-12-2016 12:36 AM)Dr. Death Wrote:  What WAN interface should i use?
Should the server IP and the WAN IP adress be the same?

WAN IP would be the IP your ISP gave you and also the IP shown when you go to websites like https://www.whatismyip.com/

(10-12-2016 12:36 AM)Dr. Death Wrote:  What should be my start-end ports and the translation start-end ports?

Well as I said before. UDP ports: 10000, 20001-20004
Start port: 10000, End port: 10000
Start port: 20001, End port: 20004

For me it's setup like this: http://i.imgur.com/oNInis1.png

You assign your PC's LAN IP. In my case it's 192.168.1.2 again, look up what your computer uses through Network and Sharing Center or like the Command Prompt (type ipconfig /all and find your connection there. For example, my network adapter is called Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet).

(10-12-2016 12:36 AM)Dr. Death Wrote:  Is hamachi really required?

It makes it "easier" because as I said earlier, VPNs such as Evolve, Tunngle and Hamachi tunnels the data traffic through a single port which pretty much eliminates the need for port forwarding(you just port forward the port that the software uses, like for Evolve you can pick any port you like: http://i.imgur.com/4bfKT2p.png ) or just enable UPnP or NAT-PMP in your router and your router will handle this automatically.

For coldbird.net you typically put your PC into the DMZ from the guides I have read. Like this one: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=14264
10-12-2016, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 08:14 AM by Dr. Death.)
OOhhhhhh.

So THAT is why Hamachi or similar is required. To make up for the port forwarding. I get it now. Thanks.

The reason why the websites were so complex to me was because they didn't had exactly my router and the similar ones from the same company either had broken pictures or a different interface.