The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v1.3 OpenGL Completely broken
09-29-2016, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2016 08:04 PM by cammelspit.)
v1.3 OpenGL Completely broken
Hi, I would just like to say that 1.3 seems like a good version. I have two problems and I cannot find anything on google that relates to what is happening to me so here goes.

1: I use PPSSPP on Windows 10, I had it set to use DX9 and it works fine except for the fact that the entire image is totally washed out. Like there is some kind of bloom effect on literally everything. Not one option makes any difference at all. Is there any way to fix this over bright issue?

2: So I decided to set it to OpenGL. This was a massive mistake. OpenGL is 100% borked. Once a game runs for longer than about 30 seconds massive graphical glitches happen. This carries on into Windows and I have to shutdown my PC, NOT restart, and wait a good 30 seconds before I can power it back on. Every time, every game I have tried. I have used OpenGL on older versions before and it worked fine but now, it is just not usable. Is there any way to keep this from happening?

3: I then tried Vulkan. I mean, Vulkan is experimental but it couldn't be worse than OpenGl right? Unfortunately, the entire screen turned to a garbled mess and the whole PC froze forcing me to do a hard reset. I just won't use Vulkan, no problem there but if it is that bad, probably should be relegated to a WIP PR and not be merged into the main branch where users might want to try it.

My Windows install is less than 72 hours old since I had an HD failure and had to get a new OS SSD.

Is there anything troubleshooting you guys would like me to do? My specs follow...

Core i5-6600K @~4.5Ghz | R9380 4G @~1010Mhz | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Samsung 850Pro SSD @512GB | GPU Driver v16.9.2 Also cleaned the drivers and tried 16.7.3 as well

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
v1.3 OpenGL Completely broken - cammelspit - 09-29-2016 07:15 PM