Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wtf with the spamm?
09-29-2016, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2016 02:55 PM by Trokinos.)
RE: wtf with the spamm?
There should be some basic spam prevention in the forum system.
Many "free" boards like zetaboards have such things, but here it looks like it's just opened doors to spambots, making the moderators cleaning job difficult.

A few possible things :

- impossibility for a new user to create a new thread until he reaches more than +/-10 posts
This is often used in boards and help to avoid many not yet banned spambot to create new threads.
Additionally the good thing about PPSSPP is that to ask about an emulated game, there's certainly already an existing thread, so a new user that is here mostly to ask something about a game don't need to create a new thread and will just have to post into the existing one.

- delay of between 10 and 20 seconds before an user under +/- 10 posts can post a 2nd message
This would be used to avoid a spambot hijacking an existing thread and posting consecutively many spams to reach the limit so it can create new threads

That unfortunately will not prevent those bots to act, but should slow them down a lot and so make them a lot more manageable to ban by the moderators, as they should not be able to fill many sub boards with all their spam.

Something that can be helpful to block new spambot is a CAPTCHA for people creating new accounts.
While some spambots have their account created manually by people paid for that, there are spambots that have automated account creation, and those would be blocked by a CAPTCHA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2016, 04:32 PM
(09-29-2016 02:22 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  Be careful with checking out some of these sites since they could use some pretty annoying methods to instal viruses on your system even if you don't chose to download or run anything on their site.

last time when i had problem like that was when i was downloading "super simple wallhack" for cs 1.6 like 15 years ago from then i never had any problem i did so many stupid "download and install" s#!t before that that now i am fully aware of what i should and should not do browsing internetz
also well we all at last should have antivirus software well i do so not really afraid of any site or software which NEED my permissions to be download to my pc

(09-29-2016 02:54 PM)Trokinos Wrote:  There should be some basic spam prevention in the forum system.......

yes i believe this forum could benefit allot from captcha or any other bot filter

but in the end is this spam for any of you a real problem?
i mean like i come here i read post titles and im really finding my self laughing sometimes to find here a way to expand my breasts Big Grin

but other for that its not hard for me to filter user posts and spam posts
even so we dont get here too many new posts at once
so spam is not a big problem in my opinnion

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
09-30-2016, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2016 11:31 AM by Asferot.)
UGH!!! This is actually getting pretty ridiculous. So many spam posts.
Edit... Mkay. This is getting eyebrow rising bad.

Cant we make some kind of spam prevention system? Ban IPs or IP ranges?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
09-30-2016, 12:28 PM
The problem with banning IP ranges is that you'll ban plenty of innocent people along the very few spambots, and spambots that use "dynamic" IP (or "manual" spam makers, as not only bots are spamming but there are people paid for that too) wouldn't be affected at all.

But the other solutions proposed work, many other discussion boards are using them and it makes spambots much easier to deal with for the people administrating those boards.
09-30-2016, 05:19 PM
ppsspp game are running slow wen i play on ma 4ne...idk how 2 make it fast
09-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Any system to be placed should also try and deal with this^^^^
10-01-2016, 03:36 AM
Ok. a simple question. I reported threads for spam yesterday. today they are still up. Is this forum dead? Are there no mods/admins? Come on people, do your jobs, or let someone do it. Does anyone here even care that forum turns into free for all spamhaus?

Everything is Hitsuzen!
10-01-2016, 07:29 AM
(10-01-2016 03:36 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Ok. a simple question. I reported threads for spam yesterday. today they are still up. Is this forum dead? Are there no mods/admins? Come on people, do your jobs, or let someone do it. Does anyone here even care that forum turns into free for all spamhaus?

well u know its weekend and its not like someone will die from that spam so why any1 should rush?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
10-01-2016, 07:54 AM
(10-01-2016 03:36 AM)Asferot Wrote:  Ok. a simple question. I reported threads for spam yesterday. today they are still up. Is this forum dead? Are there no mods/admins? Come on people, do your jobs, or let someone do it. Does anyone here even care that forum turns into free for all spamhaus?

Sounds like you're volunteering to be a moderator, is that right?

-[Unknown]
10-01-2016, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 09:21 AM by Asferot.)
(10-01-2016 07:54 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  

Sounds like you're volunteering to be a moderator, is that right?

-[Unknown]

Wait. So there are no moderators to deal with spam? If so, why? I dont mind being a janitor here. I cant promise 24/7 vigilance, but sure, I can check every hour or so for spam and other stuff.

Everything is Hitsuzen!
10-01-2016, 03:04 PM
There are moderators that deal with spam here.... and one moderator who moves posts to better places.
10-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Quick reminder that staff members are human beings with their own schedules, they simply can't be in here 24/7 dealing with uncle jenison's secret to expanding dong.
10-01-2016, 09:42 PM
There are a number of moderators, but several of them do other things - such as helping people with problems, investigating bug reports, creating 60fps/etc. patches people want, maintain specific language communities, etc.. All of them are doing it just because they want to in their (limited) free time. So that's why it sounded like volunteering when you said, "do your jobs or let someone do it."

You can email / pm Henrik if you want to be a moderator. I think as long as you're not going to support piracy or attack people we're probably happy for any help.

-[Unknown]
10-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Asferto i believe problem is in different place

u wont remove spam faster then its created so in the end if we do want to have forum spam free we need more permament solution but if you wanna do it manually i vote for u