Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Monster Hunter P3rd HD
09-20-2016, 02:59 AM
Monster Hunter P3rd HD
[Android/Marshmallow(samsung s7 exynos)][v1.3]
[In-game] Monster Hunter P3rd HD (eng. Patch v. 5)

Title: Monster Hunter P3rd HD (eng. Patch v. 5)
Genre: action rpg
Region: japanese (eng.. Patched)
Format: ISO
Notes: [wall of text coming]

I've been searching the internet for proper settings to play this game on constant 30fps (not even 60!) i've tried a couple of nightly builds (until I settled to the official v1.3 release), tried reading and applying various settings from this forum and from youtube,, and I also tried applying the 60fps cheat code (which didnt helped at all), and finally experimented on different kinds of set up (I dont have proper technical/programing knowldge to understand what each settings would do - but I try and educate my self as much as I can). If someone out there who's been blessed with higher technological intellect can help me figure this out, I would be forever thankful,, (i've been figuring this out for almost two weeks with no avail).

I manage to apply settings where the game would run for 15/30 fps during quest, 60-70% speed in town, 60fps cutscenes.

My current settings:
Skip buffer effects (on)
Frameskipping (1)
Prevent fps from ex. 60 (on)
Alternative speed (125%)
Display res (native device)
Hardware trans. (on)
Vertex cache (on)
Lazy texture (on)
Retain changed texture (on)
Spline/bezier curves (low)
Texture coord speedhack (on)

Fast memory (on)
I/o timing (on)
Force real clock sync (on)
Change emulated psp cpu (333)

(the rest are at default/ unchecked)
Im using samsung s7 exynos unrooted, not running any apps on background when using ppsspp, memory boost before starting ppsspp. i dont know whatelse to do to run the game better/smooth.

Lastly, why am I so desperate to play this game and only this game? I used to play MH with my late cousin and I would really like to play another one for the nostalgic feels.

**Im so sorry for posting such a long wall of text, and if I posted on the wrong section. Thank you in advance for the help! May you recieve a digital felyne potato for helping! ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Monster Hunter P3rd HD
[Android/Marshmallow(samsung s7 exynos)][v1.3]
[In-game] Monster Hunter P3rd HD (eng. Patch v. 5)

Title: Monster Hunter P3rd HD (eng. Patch v. 5)
Genre: action rpg
Region: japanese (eng.. Patched)
Format: ISO
Notes: [wall of text coming]

I've been searching the internet for proper settings to play this game on constant 30fps (not even 60!) i've tried a couple of nightly builds (until I settled to the official v1.3 release), tried reading and applying various settings from this forum and from youtube,, and I also tried applying the 60fps cheat code (which didnt helped at all), and finally experimented on different kinds of set up (I dont have proper technical/programing knowldge to understand what each settings would do - but I try and educate my self as much as I can). If someone out there who's been blessed with higher technological intellect can help me figure this out, I would be forever thankful,, (i've been figuring this out for almost two weeks with no avail).

I manage to apply settings where the game would run for 15/30 fps during quest, 60-70% speed in town, 60fps cutscenes.

My current settings:
Skip buffer effects (on)
Frameskipping (1)
Prevent fps from ex. 60 (on)
Alternative speed (125%)
Display res (native device)
Hardware trans. (on)
Vertex cache (on)
Lazy texture (on)
Retain changed texture (on)
Spline/bezier curves (low)
Texture coord speedhack (on)

Fast memory (on)
I/o timing (on)
Force real clock sync (on)
Change emulated psp cpu (333)

(the rest are at default/ unchecked)
Im using samsung s7 exynos unrooted, not running any apps on background when using ppsspp, memory boost before starting ppsspp. i dont know whatelse to do to run the game better/smooth.

Lastly, why am I so desperate to play this game and only this game? I used to play MH with my late cousin and I would really like to play another one for the nostalgic feels.

**Im so sorry for posting such a long wall of text, and if I posted on the wrong section. Thank you in advance for the help! May you recieve a digital felyne potato for helping! ?
10-15-2016, 05:32 PM
is the HD remake it will need more resources than the original psp version so obviouslly your cellphone is a little bit short,you either use it on pc or learn how to get the original to work
10-18-2016, 01:57 AM
Asus Zenfone 2 (GPU Powervr G6430 - good as Adreno 330) My current setting MHP3rdHD: Buffered Rendering + Frame skip 1 + Auto FrameSkip (these make my game run at 90-100% Speed and even the worst is over 80% in town, FPS never drop to around 20... without frame skip my speed at 60-80% in town 90-100% on quest - 65-100% when combat. And Auto Frame skip make it only skip when speed is low to keep game smooth most time). Alternative speed: unlimited.
Postprocessing: off (but I prefer bloom - make game beautiful and only drop 0-3fps)
*Performance Options:
Sine this game is HD version so low rendering is not affect FPS unless it up to 5x PSP (I guess base render for best perf most PSP game is 2x). My render resolution is 3-4x PSP (display render doen't matter make it native device res). Tick all other settings.
Upscale off. Anisotropic off. Texture filter: Nearest/Auto.
Hack Setting: turn off all (this make textures glitch but no affect fps at all)
System Tab:
Multithreaded On. PSP's CPU clock: set max (1000)
P/s: recommended set combo buttons visible and set button 1-2 to DPad left-right (for view rotation). Button 3: triangle+circle (most weapon have important combo using this).
Button 4-5: optional
10-18-2016, 03:56 AM
*Edit: after testing again I got this:
with frame skip: Average 98-100% speed (worst is 95%). Fps 18-26 when combat. Fps 14-16 in town. Average on quest Fps 22-29.
Without frameskip: In town 20-22 (Speed 60-82%). When combat 25-30 Fps (speed 75-95% but most is around 85-90%). Average speed on quest is 95-100% (28-30Fps). But when my phone is heated it will be slower