Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.3 crashing
09-18-2016, 01:24 PM
1.3 crashing
my ppsspp 1.3 keeps on crashing when i try to load a iso on my ios phone , only me that got this problem ? Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: 1.3 crashing
Mine has been crashing too on Android. No problems before 1.3. Current half my games crash to home screen. I'm using a Motorola G4. Thanks
09-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Can you turn on server reporting in the system settings?

Also try switching to default settings.

Unfortunately, iOS has special problems. v1.3 should be working better, but we've had various issues with jit. One thing you can try (after resetting to default settings) is going to Developer Tools and changing the CPU Core from Jit to IR Interpreter. If this helps, it may mean the problem is still affecting some iOS devices.

Also, it helps to list specific examples of games - it could be those games have problems (although most games these days runs well), but it's hard to check without an idea of which.

-[Unknown]
09-18-2016, 11:06 PM
I turned them on. Are they reported automatically or how do I view them? Some games that aren't working are brave new story, and a few sports games (Fifa 06, tiger woods and NCAA 2009). They were all working before the update. I have tried tinkering with all the settings: changing the system core, deleting config settings and starting it without save states to no avail. Again, thanks for the help.
09-19-2016, 12:18 AM
It juts reports automatically. I'm not seeing anything for v1.3 and your device for Brave Story:

http://report.ppsspp.org/logs/game/ULUS10279_1.01

I just verified that Brave Story (US version) is working on my Nexus 5 in 1.3, played up until talking to the Goalfinch at the start. I don't have any sports games. The Moto G4 has a slightly newer Adreno 405 compared to the Nexus 5's Adreno 320, but they shouldn't be super different. Hmm.. maybe it has to do with framebuffer fetch.

Just to be sure, could you try temporarily renaming SAVEDATA to SAVEDATA_BACKUP or something? If that makes it work, could you upload your ULUS10279 savedata somewhere and link it here?

If you're willing, it would really help to know when it broke. All the builds are here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=fulllist

There were about 1000 changes since v1.2.2, but if you go by halves (try around -500 first, and if that's still working, around -750, etc.) then it would take about 10 tries to find when it broke. You could also just try v1.2.2 again to see if it still works.

-[Unknown]
09-19-2016, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the timely reply. I just tried running Brave Story (US)two times with reporting on. Hopefully you will be able to see it now. I for sure wouldn't mind uploading that, but do you know a free site I could do it on? Thanks
09-19-2016, 03:06 AM
Well, Google Drive, MediaFire, etc. There's also a bunch of sites that will do temporary if you search for "temporary file sharing".

-[Unknown]
09-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Persona 3 portable crashes on some savegames. I sent all the reports to the developer. What else can I do??? >_<
09-24-2016, 02:46 AM
Did you ever use any cheats? It seems like there are some cheats for that game which cause nasty crashes. Even if you stop using the cheat, save states will still have the cheat, and maybe even savedata.

-[Unknown]
09-24-2016, 05:51 AM
Thank you for that tipp. That's hardly true. I play Persona 3 only with cheats. So, you say, also without them I have it in my savegames. OMG. That means I must start a new game. 1 year work to repeat. But thank you very much, I have to think about it.