Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP to UWP (desktop, mobile and xbox)
09-25-2016, 02:10 AM
RE: PPSSPP to UWP (desktop, mobile and xbox)
The core of PPSSPP is written in C++ and runs the same code on all platforms. A small percentage of the code is dedicated to "hooking up" to each platform: Android, Windows, Linux, etc.

I say small percentage, but it's still a good chunk of code on some platforms, like Windows and Android.

There are complications with the UWP platform. Most importantly, it doesn't allow us to map memory mirrors which is a thing we need to be able to do. For another, it requires using ANGLE or Direct3D 12. These problems can potentially be worked around - and some effort has been done for this - but what it needs is someone deeply interested in it (perhaps you, even) to invest large amounts of their free time into getting it done. The result may end up with worse performance and compatibility than other platforms but it's probably possible to make it work.

I'm personally unlikely to do this because I have exactly zero UWP devices (desktop, mobile, or otherwise) and am not very interested in the platform. My passion lies elsewhere.

That being said, if you do decide to get going I'll be happy to answer questions, explain what the memory mirroring is used for, things like that.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PPSSPP to UWP (desktop, mobile and xbox) - [Unknown] - 09-25-2016 02:10 AM