Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Online multiplayer with openvpn [Multiplatform]
08-27-2016, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 04:08 AM by Adhenovan.)
Star [Tutorial] Online multiplayer with openvpn [Multiplatform]
the old server is already shutted down , moved to new project Amultios.net

Current Server Status and what you need to play
- server status = Deprecated
- website and player status http://proindovpn.net
- Facebook Community here (6.000 ++ member) for matchmaking

INTRO

i have a openvpn server running on my house cloud (Asia Server) hosted by community right now.

The openvpn purpose is to tunnel the ppsspp traffic over single openvpn port so we can see each other on game without need to disable firewall or enable dmz and port forwarding.

i didn't route any of your gateway internet traffic so its not like a regular openvpn server to route internet. this private networking purpose is only for playing psp games via ppsspp.

Gameplay Video

if youre playing and recording on this server upload it with hashtag #ppssppwithopenvpn , here is gameplay video by community
#ppssppwithopenvpn

You Need Registration to play now
http://proindovpn.net/register

Follow this tutorial after registration
http://proindovpn.net/tutorial/international

Make sure to read the FAQS
http://proindovpn.net/faqs/international

There is a group rules need to be read and obey after registration, violation of that rules will cause youre pro online id banned and can't play again or register on this server!

All credit goes to coldbird and ppsspp team

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2016, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 11:03 PM by kelvin cañete.)
RE: Openvpn online game server [Multiplatform]
Need password?

Where can i find vpn key?
09-08-2016, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 12:02 PM by Adhenovan.)
RE: Openvpn online game server [Multiplatform]
wait i will update the tutorial and include the video. we have growing community over 180++ member on facebook and the server already moved to cloud so its stable now and not in my home anymore Big Grin. here is the facebook group but in indonesia languange. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624650057827500/ . no need for password just use the right config file

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
09-11-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: [Tutorial] Online multiplayer with openvpn [Multiplatform]
i'm using the android version...y it always broke off once we start a quest?help
09-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Playing android with android need speed toogle trick. Android with pc not needed.

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

09-11-2016, 09:03 AM
(09-11-2016 07:25 AM)Adhenovan Wrote:  Playing android with android need speed toogle trick. Android with pc not needed.

sir i've watched your youtube video for windows but the config file u use is nowhere to be found...where can i get it..i already installed the openvpn...
09-11-2016, 11:29 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8lQN52...sp=sharing , that windows youtube video is by community and the old config from old server in my home Big Grin. use the new server config.

09-14-2016, 05:06 PM
When do I need to toggle the alternate speed?
I'm not sure.
Does it between :
[square]Depart... "toggle" Preparing quest text"
Or
Preparing quest text "toggle" Quest name"
Or
Preparing quest text "toggle" Entered basecamp

And one more question. Does texture cord and reduce resolution also need to be turned off?
Thank you
09-14-2016, 05:59 PM
there is a speed toogle video on facebook. sorry i cant upload it to youtube right now. so busy with work schedule

09-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Cool man , this sounds great! I'll try it and I hope I find Tekken players as well. Smile Great job!

The Signature!
09-15-2016, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2016 06:38 AM by Mark98T.)
Does the ip always change? Seems like different from last time

Edit: ]fb group join request sent. Thank you
Edit: just joined the fb group. I think I understand most of it and just need to try to play together. But my little brother watching yt right now and my wifi speed is so slow in up/down load speed. (0.3KB up/~400KB down{for unknown reason the down average speed become 75KBps)
09-15-2016, 06:51 AM
@Haseeb the group is from monster hunter community so most player will play monster hunter Big Grin , but its not limited to mh game only . you can find some player and invite it to the server or try post a matchmaking on facebook.

@Mark when u disconnect the vpn does the connection back to normal? my vpn server is simply like connected to wifi access point that doesn't have internet access because no gateway redirect and forward from server specified. so you still use your eth0 or wlan0 interface to connect to internet. the openvpn assigned interface is tun0 which default has no internet access.https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/40099/why-openvpn-is-so-slow-cool-story , maybe that one related to your issues. if that issues persist try editing the client config file and use sndbuf and rcvbuf to 0. before i tried push it from server but its make most of player with bad connection disconnected from server (my country internet speed average is 1mbps-10mbps) big buffer cause a massive problem.

09-15-2016, 07:55 AM
(09-15-2016 06:51 AM)Adhenovan Wrote:  @Haseeb the group is from monster hunter community so most player will play monster hunter Big Grin , but its not limited to mh game only . you can find some player and invite it to the server or try post a matchmaking on facebook.

@Mark when u disconnect the vpn does the connection back to normal? my vpn server is simply like connected to wifi access point that doesn't have internet access because no gateway redirect and forward from server specified. so you still use your eth0 or wlan0 interface to connect to internet. the openvpn assigned interface is tun0 which default has no internet access.www-lowendtalk-com/discussion/40099/why-openvpn-is-so-slow-cool-story , maybe that one related to your issues. if that issues persist try editing the client config file and use sndbuf and rcvbuf to 0. before i tried push it from server but its make most of player with bad connection disconnected from server (my country internet speed average is 1mbps-10mbps) big buffer cause a massive problem.

Thx for the reply. I mean my wifi connection speed is just like I said earlier. This vpn has nothing to do with it. And Thanks again for the reply and the server
09-15-2016, 02:05 PM
(09-15-2016 06:51 AM)Adhenovan Wrote:  @Haseeb the group is from monster hunter community so most player will play monster hunter Big Grin , but its not limited to mh game only . you can find some player and invite it to the server or try post a matchmaking on facebook.

Oh ok , lets see xD

The Signature!
09-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Man, I tried to change the proadhoc ip but it wont change. What happened? My ppsspp version is 1.2.2