Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD card storage not found
08-19-2016, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2016 10:40 PM by Tbagnz.)
SD card storage not found
Hey everyone,

This is my first attempt at emulating my PSP on my Samsung Xcover 3.
The first issue I have run in to is that my device has minimal internal storage (I can only fit one PSP ISO at a time due to their size). So I am trying to store games and the PPSSPP files on my SD card. They copy fine and I can run PPSSPP from SD card and see my games using the phones file explorer.
However, when I boot PPSSPP it shows the "Home" folder, being the internal "/storage/emulated/0/" which shows a PSP folder but nothing inside the "GAME" folder (where i copied all my ISO's).
I assumed this was possibly just a residual image of the internal storage so attempted to navigate to the root folder, found an "sdcard" folder. On opening this it shows an almost exact replica of "/storage/emulated/0/" - It does not show the actual contents of my SD card when I look at my file explorer there are only like 5 folders...? Either way, both PSP folder, GAME, shows empty... I cant figure out how to make it display the contents of my SD... Anyone able to assist? I have enabled all access rights for the game, double checked, this includes access to the SD card...
I have attached a screenshot of the view in /sdcard/psp/game/

Help!!

OK, looks like I may have just found the answer to my own question.

After googling around for a few hours I have found that the root SD card folder is not in fact /sdcard/ (go figure...) however its /storage/[SDCARDNAME]/

Currently trying to move all my iso's around again and will test this theory.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: SD card storage not found
Welcome to the wonders of an open OS where each manufacturer tweeks the OS just a little.

External storage can have many many many different names deoending on android version, or manufacturer, and sometimes even which device line it is in (looking at you Samsung).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply