Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Another Help Request
08-12-2016, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 10:50 PM by xirtamehtsitahw.)
Another Help Request
I've given up trying to get PPSSPP to work on my laptop, as I have found a really neat workaround: I KNEW I bought that quad-core Android smartphone for something! Heh heh...

That's right--I got PPSSPP working, first try, after installing it via .apk. Now to see if my custom Smackdown vs. RAW 2011 game works on it...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Another Help Request
Hey buddy, I also installed it on my smartphone(8 cores here^^). The only issue I have is... sound, yup. Sad Maybe i will turn it off?
08-13-2016, 02:14 PM
(08-13-2016 07:53 AM)isidonis Wrote:  Hey buddy, I also installed it on my smartphone(8 cores here^^). The only issue I have is... sound, yup. Sad Maybe i will turn it off?

Apparently, the Android version of PPSSPP hasn't been as fully optimized as the Windows version. I got PPSSPP to work on my phone, but it is extremely laggy, despite being a quad-core monster.

Not sure if PPSSPP has been formatted to handle more than 2 cores as of yet.

And as for the sound, just turn it off if it lags or is choppy.
08-13-2016, 02:54 PM
"Quad core monster" doesn't really help PPSSPP.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...-239626196

Also, no matter what marketing you've read, it's almost a certainty that your Windows computer is more powerful than your phone, and less concerned about downclocking itself to lower heat and prevent burning your hands.

Sound is choppy if things are running slow. You need to enable frameskip.

-[Unknown]
08-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Could I ask why my first post (about the persistent errors I was experiencing) never received any replies, yet got over 100 views?

What, are people just viewing it as some bizarre objet d'art instead of what it REALLY is (a help request)?
08-16-2016, 11:27 PM
Simple answer is people looked at your other post thinking it was a simple DirectX issue and saw thwt it involved some pretty uncommon errors, unknown hardware, and a pirated copy of windows (which could in itself be causing issues with the api). Android phones on the otherhand and questions about their performance have been asked hundreds of times so most people who have been on the forums for any length of time know the usual answers. Also unlike a computer android phones don't generally have replaceable parts that can vastly change how they react to software (the emulator) and are easier to diagnose when something goes wrong.

Those are probably the main reasons.
08-17-2016, 03:38 AM
(08-16-2016 09:57 PM)xirtamehtsitahw Wrote:  Could I ask why my first post (about the persistent errors I was experiencing) never received any replies, yet got over 100 views?

What, are people just viewing it as some bizarre objet d'art instead of what it REALLY is (a help request)?

Some of those views are probably bots or people who wouldn't have responded. Who knows.

But your first post doesn't look like something I'd normally respond to:

1. There's no info on the laptop so I can't even begin to guess why it didn't work.

2. You say you've found a workaround that you're (apparently?) happy with. It's unclear. Maybe it was an edit and you no longer need help.

That's just how it looks.

-[Unknown]