Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the status of JIT?
08-12-2016, 05:56 PM
What is the status of JIT?
I have searched for days on this subject before actually making a topic, so forgive me if this has been recently discussed elsewhere that I somehow couldn't find, but it seems like no one else has even brought up this topic for months. Probably because not that many people know about it, but still.

As of now, PPSSPP is pretty much unplayable on iOS9 64 bit devices, at least with every single game I'm even interested in. I remember getting /better/ performance on my iPhone 5S compared to my 6S and this is extremely disheartening. I can only imagine how amazingly near-perfect my personal games will run on this newer device if only we had access to JIT once again. Because on the 5S, with JIT, I could tell that the updated A9 chips/extra RAM would definitely finally be enough to /truly/ run the game since even the 5S could almost do it.

Developers, is there any light flickering in the horizon that we'll (ever?) be able to run games at full speed once again? Even years from now?

I just want a glimmer of hope that I can play Kingdom Hearts BbS smoothly some day. Is there a glimmer? ;-;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: What is the status of JIT?
Apple doesn't want jit on iOS devices. The current status is that it doesn't work, and that Apple may probably try to break it with every future update even if it does get fixed.

If updates happen, they will be here:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/8122

PPSSPP is open source. If you want it fixed, the best way will be to download Xcode and try it - whether you're an expert programmer or never tried it before. What's needed is for someone with an iOS device that is affected to actually try to fix it (if it can be fixed, which is possible.) That hasn't happened yet because currently, everyone is just waiting for someone else to fix it.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply