Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
ppsspp ios games not playing on Jailbroken iphone 6s
08-08-2016, 04:29 AM
ppsspp ios games not playing on Jailbroken iphone 6s
Good day,

Firstly thanks for the fantastic software.

My phone is jailbroken, so I downloaded ppsspp from Cydia. I used ifunbox to upload 2 iso's (GTA Vice City / GTA China Town) to the PSP folder in VAR/Mobile/Documents.

When I go into the ppsspp app on my phone and click on the ISO images the app shuts down and takes me to my home screen. Is it a problem with these iso's or my settings? Does anyone have a fix, or perhaps a test game I can use?

I have also heard you can play PS3 games on the iphone using this ppsspp app. Can someone please send me a link, or walk me through the steps I can use to get these games working.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: ppsspp ios games not playing on Jailbroken iphone 6s
You can not play PS3 PS2 or even PS1 games on PPSSPP it only emulates PSP hardware.

As far as working with psp iso/cso files I know that they had to work on a new way to run PPSSPP since 64bit iphones on iOS 9+ can not use jit. Check in the developer options for IR interpreter and use that if you have not already.
08-08-2016, 10:45 PM
(08-08-2016 02:44 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  You can not play PS3 PS2 or even PS1 games on PPSSPP it only emulates PSP hardware.

As far as working with psp iso/cso files I know that they had to work on a new way to run PPSSPP since 64bit iphones on iOS 9+ can not use jit. Check in the developer options for IR interpreter and use that if you have not already.

You rock dude thanks. Checked the settings on my ppsspp app but couldn't find the option you mentioned. Turns out I was using an older version. Deleted it, downloaded updated version and bam, works! Thanks for your help!

I had read there is a way to convert PS games to PSP format, save them as an ISO, then play them on the phone using PPSSPP. I've seen people mentioning it, but have not found anyone saying how it's done, so not sure if it's possible, or if it's just people fishing for clicks from people hoping that something this awesome could be possible. Not that playing PSP games is not awesome, I'm just saying!

Nevertheless, thanks again for your help!
08-09-2016, 02:07 AM
It's called psxonpsp or PoPs, I don't think that ppsspp has that functionality though.