Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)
08-11-2016, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 04:01 PM by Concat.)
RE: Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie)
Ah I see... thanks for responding.

It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a bug in the mapping. Like, I get that the UI mapping is hardcoded and I can live with that. If I have to press X to navigate down and L2 to confirm then so be it. It's wonky, but at least workable.

The bug I am actually referring to is when I use the UI control mapping to map the in-game controls properly, it breaks the UI mapping. Every time I go back into the menu to exit the emulator (for example) the selector just constantly scrolls up! If I press down, it goes back up immediately as if it thinks UP is being pressed. The same behavior happens when I use a keyboard to press down. I can't even get to the option to exit the emulator so I have to either unplug my raspberry pi or get to a terminal to kill the process or reboot. It makes it completely unusable.

I have had success using LinuxJoystickMapper to map all the buttons to the keyboard controls in PPSSPP, but have so far failed to map the analog stick. Seems every road I go down to fix this for myself has too many hurdles. LR-PPSSPP has noticeably worse performance... but the control mapping actually works. Sigh.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Control Mapping for dualshock 3 (RetroPie) - Concat - 08-11-2016 04:00 PM