Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 4.07 Average
PPSSPP iOS Port
03-18-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: PPSSPP iOS Port
Videos simply are not implemented yet on any platform in PPSSPP.

Also, they normally have an ATRAC+ audio track, which JPCSP is only able to decode with a Sony plug-in for Windows (which won't work on iPhones or Androids.) Same for background music, and often voices, in most games.

That said, Crisis Core stopping at the intro video is something that AFAIK happens on all platforms. There's an open bug about it but we haven't figured it out yet.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Can somebody help me to make final Fantasy cc work with the iphone Emulator :/?

Thx
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
(03-18-2013 11:36 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Videos simply are not implemented yet on any platform in PPSSPP.

Also, they normally have an ATRAC+ audio track, which JPCSP is only able to decode with a Sony plug-in for Windows (which won't work on iPhones or Androids.) Same for background music, and often voices, in most games.

That said, Crisis Core stopping at the intro video is something that AFAIK happens on all platforms. There's an open bug about it but we haven't figured it out yet.

-[Unknown]

I'm sure the videos will get sorted sometime soon. And this thing with audio...I remember near the start if the thread...people said JIT was possible on iso...so there might be a way eventually
03-18-2013, 11:43 PM
(03-18-2013 11:33 PM)BubblegumBalloon Wrote:  Nope, videos dont work yet on any operating system.

I must have a magic iPhone 5 because LittleBigPlanet plays video.
[Image: img0001o.png]
[Image: img0002.png]
[Image: img0003dg.png]
03-19-2013, 12:02 AM
What's your FPS of LBP during actual gameplay? I must know if I'm going to waste an hour downloading. Thanks
03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
(03-19-2013 12:02 AM)Wikilix Wrote:  What's your FPS of LBP during actual gameplay? I must know if I'm going to waste an hour downloading. Thanks

Don't download it yet, all you can see is the sack boy and it also crashes randomly. (It's about 15-17 FPS on iPhone 5).
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
LittleBigPlanet actually is one of a few games that uses a software codec (instead of the chip in the PSP) to decode video. And, by the way, to do so it uses a bunch of instructions that aren't yet optimized in the jit, so it can definitely be improved in fps (we'll have to see how much, though.)

It should also be playing audio during that video, since it uses a software audio codec as well. Have not tested on iOS, but it works on Windows.

That said, the game itself isn't really playable yet.

But don't fret, you may still have a magic iPhone 5. Don't feel bad if you traded a cow for it.

-[Unknown]
03-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Little Big Planet has just been showing that potato sack guy for about a month now Sad
He seems to fly/levitate around the place but you can't see anything else.
03-19-2013, 10:18 AM
I have messed around with the clean save file for crisis core I got yesterday. And basically, you can't get very far until another video. Something I noticed though...it stays on white screen but the subtitles are still going for that video up until a certain point then it freezes...weird...
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Games seem way too fast with fastmem and frameskip enabled now...

Just reporting a bug. I got Bleach Heat The Soul 7 playing at 64FPS with sound enabled and even when at 58/60FPS it's way too fast.
The same happens with Saint Seya Omega. Btw Tekken 6 gets to the menu but then suddenly it gives you a game over screen and players keep fighting o.O
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 04:01 PM by ppssppikachu.)
Stupid question. I s there a way to take the iso and convert all the atrack songs and sounds to convert them into mp3 or a format that will be readable in idevices?

I truly thimk that the iso compreesssing software offer a solution where it compresses atrac or whatever into mp3...What can we do at that level.Does it help??
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 04:08 PM by Dribblejam.)
Hey, I found a save that starts me very early in the game. I'm only level 6 and at some place called the animal trail, i think. But there's a video when you go on and it works! Then I have to fight a monster after the video!

What are assets for? Do I put them in a folder?
03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
(03-19-2013 04:07 PM)Dribblejam Wrote:  Hey, I found a save that starts me very early in the game. I'm only level 6 and at some place called the animal trail, i think. But there's a video when you go on and it works! Then I have to fight a monster after the video!

Are you sure it's an actual video? In other words CGI and not just a normal cutscenes?
03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
(03-19-2013 04:08 PM)theCreed Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 04:07 PM)Dribblejam Wrote:  Hey, I found a save that starts me very early in the game. I'm only level 6 and at some place called the animal trail, i think. But there's a video when you go on and it works! Then I have to fight a monster after the video!

Are you sure it's an actual video? In other words CGI and not just a normal cutscenes?

It's a cutsceneSad but the save is at a good spot.
03-19-2013, 04:22 PM
(03-19-2013 04:18 PM)Dribblejam Wrote:  
(03-19-2013 04:08 PM)theCreed Wrote:  

It's a cutsceneSad but the save is at a good spot.

yeah your save is around the same place as me more or less. sounds like its just after the cutscene i get stuck on. guess we just have to wait for the videos to be sorted :/
Thread Closed