PPSSPP iOS Port
02-24-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: PPSSPP iOS Port
no love for ios.

sadly.
Find all posts by this user
02-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Anyway, it seems there's something to do with entitlements, but I don't really know anything about iOS. It's no longer crashing in flushing icache, now it's crashing trying to execute the first instruction of jit. Progress in its own way?

The earlier posted links don't cover this topic. Does anyone know how to disable the restrictions or enable the entitlement to make memory executable? Sending me a pm about this will only annoy me unless it contains an answer to this question.

-[Unknown]
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 10:51 PM by brujo55.)
(02-24-2013 08:23 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Anyway, it seems there's something to do with entitlements, but I don't really know anything about iOS. It's no longer crashing in flushing icache, now it's crashing trying to execute the first instruction of jit. Progress in its own way?

The earlier posted links don't cover this topic. Does anyone know how to disable the restrictions or enable the entitlement to make memory executable? Sending me a pm about this will only annoy me unless it contains an answer to this question.

-[Unknown]

in previus page,some guy have this problems and cant compile it.

having problem in math_util.cpp says:
unknown register name 'r0' in asm
any help?
02-24-2013, 10:56 PM
That's the error you get when you don't compile for ARM. For example, the iOS Simulator is not ARM, it is x86. This will not work.

-[Unknown]
02-25-2013, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 05:45 AM by brujo55.)
@[Unknown]

hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

guys please working on JIT.

i tested today
Naruto Shippuden - Legends - Akatsuki Rising

playable at 10-14fps ,better than naruto kizuna.
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 11:11 AM by the avenger.)
(02-24-2013 08:23 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Anyway, it seems there's something to do with entitlements, but I don't really know anything about iOS. It's no longer crashing in flushing icache, now it's crashing trying to execute the first instruction of jit. Progress in its own way?

-[Unknown]
that would be due to the fact that apple doesn't allow any form of jit on it's devices,so any JIT compiled without the iosopendev sdk or GNU C Compiler or some other jailbreak maker will crash when used
02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
for now enable JIT is imposible?
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 05:53 PM by V6ser.)
(02-25-2013 03:14 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  for now enable JIT is imposible?

nope, just complicated(not hard). You could read the post carefully before asking Wink

EDIT:
Explaining - JIT compiling into Javascript source code is allowed, but the iOS security sandbox will kill any app that tries to access dynamically generated data. That's why PPSSPP is crashing when JIT is enabled.
Btw there are still other options for Jailbroken iDevices.
Quote:It works on both iOS 5.1 and iOS 6.0 if you run it from Xcode. If you tap on the app it crashes in both cases. Presumably starting the app with gdbserver enables jitting (my guess is that this is to support executing random expressions in the debugger).
I was not able to set the "dynamic_codesign" entitlement, Xcode refused to deploy/install the app ("The executable was signed with invalid entitlements" and "The entitlements specified in your application's Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile.")
See also:
https://gist.github.com/scarnie/855607
02-25-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 07:49 PM by the avenger.)
(02-25-2013 04:44 PM)V6ser Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 03:14 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  for now enable JIT is imposible?

nope, just complicated(not hard). You could read the post carefully before asking Wink

EDIT:
Explaining - JIT compiling into Javascript source code is allowed, but the iOS security sandbox will kill any app that tries to access dynamically generated data. That's why PPSSPP is crashing when JIT is enabled.
Btw there are still other options for Jailbroken iDevices.
Quote:It works on both iOS 5.1 and iOS 6.0 if you run it from Xcode. If you tap on the app it crashes in both cases. Presumably starting the app with gdbserver enables jitting (my guess is that this is to support executing random expressions in the debugger).
I was not able to set the "dynamic_codesign" entitlement, Xcode refused to deploy/install the app ("The executable was signed with invalid entitlements" and "The entitlements specified in your application's Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile.")
See also:
https://gist.github.com/scarnie/855607
and these options for jailbroken Idevices are?

-[Unknown]
wait a bit,if you will kindly upload an archived copy of your ppsspp.app folder from thhe build you did when it crashes when executing jit instructions i might be able to give it root authority which might fix this
02-25-2013, 10:50 PM
(02-25-2013 07:36 PM)the avenger Wrote:  wait a bit,if you will kindly upload an archived copy of your ppsspp.app folder from thhe build you did when it crashes when executing jit instructions i might be able to give it root authority which might fix this

The source is there, you can compile it if you want to give that a try. Someone else already ran it as root and it didn't help though.
02-26-2013, 12:58 PM
(02-25-2013 10:50 PM)xsacha Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 07:36 PM)the avenger Wrote:  wait a bit,if you will kindly upload an archived copy of your ppsspp.app folder from thhe build you did when it crashes when executing jit instructions i might be able to give it root authority which might fix this

The source is there, you can compile it if you want to give that a try. Someone else already ran it as root and it didn't help though.
the problem is that whenever i build it from the project that is generated from cmake the app goes gray and buggy as hell
02-26-2013, 01:49 PM
It's not autogenerated Xcode project for PPSSPP, just put it to "ios" folder. Project generated by cmake building binary without debug info, and it hard to debug..
And need replace 58 stroke in ViewController.mm on a
Code:
self.bundlePath = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath] stringByAppendingString:@"/assets/"];
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
@rock88

please read my pm.
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
(02-26-2013 01:49 PM)rock88 Wrote:  It's not autogenerated Xcode project for PPSSPP, just put it to "ios" folder. Project generated by cmake building binary without debug info, and it hard to debug..
And need replace 58 stroke in ViewController.mm on a
Code:
self.bundlePath = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath] stringByAppendingString:@"/assets/"];
when i try to build with this it gives me the .h files not found
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
@the avenger

read your pm
Thread Closed