Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't start PPSSPP 1.0+ on Win 10 64
07-17-2016, 04:11 AM
Can't start PPSSPP 1.0+ on Win 10 64
I was able to start the app once, but then it crashed. All subsequent attempts to start the app fail to load the UI, but I can see a PPSSPP process running in the task manager. This behavior happens on any version higher than 0.9.9.1. Unlike other folks, I am not receiving any errors related to missing dll's.

Steps I have tried to fix the issue:
  1. Deleted and reinstalled several different versions of the emulator from scratch
  2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual C++ 2013 redistributables. Tried both the 2013 and 2015 versions
  3. Deleted the memstick folder
  4. Tried copying the memstick folder from a working version of PPSSPP (0.9.9.1)

Any ideas? Is there perhaps a broken config file that is keeping all versions of the emulator from starting after it breaks once? Is there a way to get some more meaningful debug related to why the gui isn't loading?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2016, 05:26 AM
RE: Can't start PPSSPP 1.0+ on Win 10 64
You can try running it with the log parameter to get a log (I think the git builds come with a shortcut for this.)

Have you tried restarting your computer? Maybe there's some video driver issue that's preventing it from starting.

-[Unknown]
07-17-2016, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 03:49 PM by blueoasis.)
RE: Can't start PPSSPP 1.0+ on Win 10 64
Ok, so I downloaded the latest git build. I tried running the .exe and got the same results as above. I then tried running both the InfoLog.bat and DebugLog.bat from the command line. Both of those scripts also created a ppsspp process in Task Manager, but no UI and nothing was logged to the console. I also do not see any sort of log files being created anywhere. Is there something I should be looking for?

Also, I currently have the 2013 vc++ redistributables installed. Is this what I need?

Thanks.

So, a quick update. I fully uninstalled the vc++ 2013 redistributables, restarted windows and then the latest git build started. I then made a few simple controller mapping edits and shutdown ppsspp to get a basic ppsspp.ini file created. I then tried to restart ppsspp and I'm back where I started. No UI, just a ppsspp process in the task manager...

Huh