Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it)
07-17-2016, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 07:55 PM by LamerDrv.)
RE: Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it)
(07-17-2016 02:20 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  You can edit the code in the disassembler. Just start typing.
Unbelievable... Smile)))) I love ppsspp.
By the way that code fragment reads the key data for drums. When I block data reading by changing lw v0,0x4(a0) to zero reading, drum buttons (tringle, cross, square, circle) stop to work while playing level. But other buttons (left, right, select) still work.
I hopes that I've found the place where game logic reads the drum buttons after key state data is prepared by "key reading engine".

(07-17-2016 02:20 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Increasing the vblank frequency, aside from screwing up rendering and game speed, would probably only require you to press buttons faster.

I understand that some parts of game code will run more often. But not all parts (I hopes).
For example:
While I searching how Potapon 1 reads keys, first I found some kind of "key reading engine" (it calls sceCtrlReadBufferPositive function).
Probably "key reading engine" binds with vblank or runs inside vblank (judging by the frequency of sceCtrlReadBufferPositive calls in emulator log).

But may be part of game logic (which judge "getting to the rhythm") doesn't bind to vblank directly.

I hopes that the increasing of the vblank frequency will makes "key reading engine" runs often, but will no affect the work of game logic.
That's what I would like to verify.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patapon 1 input lag (I want errrradicate it) - LamerDrv - 07-17-2016 07:39 PM