Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP stop working
07-12-2016, 08:44 AM
PPSSPP stop working
ive been playing ppsspp more than a month now on my pc.. but now when im gonna run ppsspp.. it will stop working after 5 seconds.. is there anyway to fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 12:08 PM
RE: PPSSPP stop working
What has changed between it working and not working?
Any hardware changes?
Did one version of ppsspp work and you updated to a new version?
Did you update your OS?

Unless something horrible happened to your storage or system as a whole usually programs don't just suddenly stop working and finding out when it stopped goes a long way to figuring out how to help.
07-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Nothing change.. i did not upgrade anything .. and i did not use any version of ppsspp
07-13-2016, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 11:05 AM by Dave3d.)
I have the same thing happen on SOME of my games, on my Android (I have the Gold version, paid for version of ppsspp).
Ever since 1.2.2, sometimes I cant even FIND my psp games.

I have my games on extsdcard (I have to browse to them), and when I select (only some of the games), I just get a black screen with the psp overlay.
Some games work just fine though.
There used to be only a couple games that didnt work (they werent in the list of games that were working though, which was ok), but now some of the games that did work dont.
And, sometimes browsing to my games doesnt show any games at all, it just tells me where to go get games.
Sad

Thanks.
07-13-2016, 12:00 PM
@kaircut3
If absolutly nothing changed then the best advice I can give is to atart making sure you are not having the early stages of various hardware failures. Usually if nothing is different then the performance or lack there of should not change. You could have some minor harddrive corruption going on (a harddrive health test might not be a bad thing) along with a general system performance test to make sure nothing else is acting off.
If everything checks out then try redownloading ppsspp and running from a fresh clean copy. If even that does not help then depending on your current circumstances a reinstall of your current OS (after making a back up of important data) and reinstall of all programs you need is a generally good practice to get into once a year or so (less often if you are using a SSD) since it generally keeps windows (to a high degree) and even linux (to a lesser degree) running snappier anyways.