Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.4 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
02-19-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
The online features in games will crash or freeze the emu. It's because it's not implemented yet.
I've only played the first one but I remember that you could only access the offline hall. Maybe the same thing happens with the third one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 02:44 AM by BashDash.)
So... I have the game... the latest build, the 39 PAUTH files inside the PAUTH folder placed in the memstick folder... I try to load the iso and it just crashes... help XD
03-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Good Day to all,

I want to ask why is it crashy while playing MHP3,

Im using the stock settings on PPSSPP because it is freshly installed from my android device. Any recommendation settings to play it nice?

By the way my device is Samsung GT-N7100, Android 3.3

For some questions:

1. Im using MHP3rd (Not the HD thing).
2. I already modified that PAUTH folder.
3. Crashing starts after the first video played.
4. The only black-screen that occur is when the time my PAUTH folder is not modified, no recent black-screen happened after that.
5. Im using PPSSPP Gold 9.7.2
6. Im on "STOCK SETTINGS" (Videos, Audios, Etc.)

Great help will be very much appreciated Heart

And anyhow/anyway, i can use a language patch for this game? can you provide me/us one?
Thank you all
03-17-2014, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 06:55 AM by LunaMoo.)
@Kheiriah try any new version from buildbot some time after 0.9.7.2 was released, MHp3rd got some crash fixes, maybe it'll help you, if you prefer to use release versions I guess 0.9.8 will show up next week if not sooner.
You could also try disabling fast memory(in system settings), I think this actually gives a speedup on android and so is turned on by default from some time, but it's not perfectly stable and commonly causes extra crashes.

As for the translation patch, there are at least two, but since the other one is outdated and forgotten most of us use this one. Just download the "Patch 5.0"(latest released) and the patcher v 1.6.3, extract them to same directory you have your iso and run the patcher. That site has at least two guides and a chat in which you can ask for help in case you'll have problems with it, but it's nothing complicated as long as you have a pc with windows. ~ I guess there is no patcher for android and the plugin method will work only on real psp with cfw:].
It has also translated DLC available for download, it's same for both versions of the game so nothing confusing, just extract the dlc folder to your "memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA" folder.

Well good luck and have fun.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi guys.
I'm playing MHp3rd HD with a friend. We use Evolve and I am the host.
Here's the problem: when I take the quest, there are no problems, we can play fine but, when my friend takes the quest first and then I take it from the quest board, we break off from each other. This happens only with MHp3rd HD, when we play with MHFU and do the same thing it works. How can I solve this?
Thanks in advance
03-18-2014, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014 07:07 AM by Kheiriah.)
(03-17-2014 06:55 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Kheiriah try any new version from buildbot some time after 0.9.7.2 was released, MHp3rd got some crash fixes, maybe it'll help you, if you prefer to use release versions I guess 0.9.8 will show up next week if not sooner.
You could also try disabling fast memory(in system settings), I think this actually gives a speedup on android and so is turned on by default from some time, but it's not perfectly stable and commonly causes extra crashes.

@Luna, Thank you so much for the help. Ill try to DL The latest build from that link for my mobile, since my ppsspp for windows is running fine. (Though I found some crashy things yet it would turn out fine afterwards)

(03-17-2014 06:55 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As for the translation patch, there are at least two, but since the other one is outdated and forgotten most of us use this one. Just download the "Patch 5.0"(latest released) and the patcher v 1.6.3, extract them to same directory you have your iso and run the patcher. That site has at least two guides and a chat in which you can ask for help in case you'll have problems with it, but it's nothing complicated as long as you have a pc with windows. ~ I guess there is no patcher for android and the plugin method will work only on real psp with cfw:].
It has also translated DLC available for download, it's same for both versions of the game so nothing confusing, just extract the dlc folder to your "memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA" folder.

Well good luck and have fun.

Maybe ill try to do that DLC thing instead of patching since i've already done it and unluckily it revert backs to Hiragana when i turned off ppsspp for windows o.o. Pretty weird with that thing :'c xD
03-20-2014, 08:54 PM
I have mhp3rd, a patched version and I'm using ppsspp for iOS ver v0.9.7.2-288-g743854a

It runs smooth.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi, i have problem on this game on the latest version of ppsspp (0.9.7.2). The version i play is jp version and it doesn't even load. Carshed when i open the file. But it works on the previous version 0.9.5.2
03-22-2014, 02:52 PM
If you're missing the PAUTH files, the game will just outright crash.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
03-22-2014, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:53 AM by TheDax.)
well, is there any kind heart can email me this pauth file?
seriously, i keep download fail!
my email here: [email protected]
03-22-2014, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 08:44 PM by TheDax.)
(03-22-2014 03:31 PM)theonewhoiam Wrote:  well, is there any kind heart can email me this pauth file?
seriously, i keep download fail!
my email here: [email protected]

I've reupload my PAUTH folder to Mediafire, so if anyone having any trouble could download it from mediafire.

Removed, we're not allowed to share these files on the forum now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
edited :
reuploaded pauth.rar as someone reported there is something wrong with my pauth files.
Obviously my MHP3rd ran well with those pauth files.. (the folder consist of 41 items needed by emulator)

[Image: jbhQrfR1pbgcn1.jpg]

-my outdated testing rig-
Intel Core2Quad [email protected]
Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
facebook.com/love.grimangel
03-26-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi, I'm having these problems in MHP3RD. All the text boxes are black. While not actually a problem as it is, sadly, when going to the equipment box, it shows the text but the highlighted text doesn't move at all. What's worse is when I get to the actual equipment box, where I can change weapons and armors, it just shows a black box, I can't see anything at all. I'm using the latest build, which should be v0.9.8-137.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-26-2014, 04:37 PM
@Juz_Kiddin' to me this looks like missing pauth files. If you could even boot the game, you probably used a savestate made on version in which you had those pauth files. Make sure you download the pack shared here or search through this thread for guide how to decrypt your own files using psp.

If you can afford it you could always buy the HD release of the game for ps3, since it works pretty much same on PPSSPP when it comes to performance, has a few slightly higher res textures resulting in nicer graphics and what's important, nothing is encrypted there, so it works without those pauth files. The game shares saves, dlc's and even multiplayer, so it's not complete waste of money especially if you have someone to play with. This solution through except extra money for exactly same game ofc requires to either have a ps3 or bluray drive for pc which reads ps3 games discs(afaik not all of them can).

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
03-27-2014, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 06:03 AM by Juz_Kiddin'.)
(03-26-2014 04:37 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @Juz_Kiddin' to me this looks like missing pauth files. If you could even boot the game, you probably used a savestate made on version in which you had those pauth files. Make sure you download the pack shared here or search through this thread for guide how to decrypt your own files using psp.

If you can afford it you could always buy the HD release of the game for ps3, since it works pretty much same on PPSSPP when it comes to performance, has a few slightly higher res textures resulting in nicer graphics and what's important, nothing is encrypted there, so it works without those pauth files. The game shares saves, dlc's and even multiplayer, so it's not complete waste of money especially if you have someone to play with. This solution through except extra money for exactly same game ofc requires to either have a ps3 or bluray drive for pc which reads ps3 games discs(afaik not all of them can).

I downloaded the PAUTH files that were uploaded here. And, I just recently had this game through a friend so I didn't use any savestates at all. I started right from the beginning and I just noticed that all the text boxes and menus are all black. Is this problem new? What do you think may have caused it? Do you think it's because it's a bad copy from the UMD, or corrupted? Thanks for the reply. Smile

UPDATE: Nevermind. You were right. I downloaded PAUTH files that were re-uploaded to Mediafire but were short of a few files. I tried downloading from the original site (the chinese one) and poof, the icons were fixed. Thanks! Smile +rep
03-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Lol, ^^^^^ thanks for those PAUTH files! I was able to get MHP3rd running and it looks SEXY, except for the heavy stuttering/lag... The highest I can get it to run is at no greater than 16 fps. I will try playing around with the settings :[