Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[PGS] Portable Gaming System - Best handheld for PS / PPSSPP?
07-02-2016, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 10:40 PM by Terminator.)
RE: [PGS] Portable Gaming System - Best handheld for PS / PPSSPP?
(07-02-2016 07:26 PM)TkSilver Wrote:  I know they are putting in a passive cooling system but the screen size is almost half the size of the surface 3. Physics dictates there is only so much cooling you can do is X amount of space. Also add in the fact it is costing less then a surface 3 and I am not sure where they are getting the budget to have a revolutionary physics defying cooling system on top of the dual screens and all the other things they are including.

Besides PS2 if Nvidia does release a tegra X1 based tablet (which it seems like they might be positioning themselves to do), that would be my recomendation for emulating psp, ps1, n64, gamecube, dreamcast, and quite a few more systems.

Unless Apollo Lake changes everything or unless you wait 6 month to 1 year after PGS is released to get long term reviews of it and everyone says my concerns are wrong.

It is costing less than Surface 3 because it is a introductory price for backers, but the price of the device will be far more expensive when they sell it to online retailers.

I'm sure heat won't be an issue if you reduce resolution, plus one of their stretch goals is to use e-ink instead of IPS so you'll be able to save battery power.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PGS] Portable Gaming System - Best handheld for PS / PPSSPP? - Terminator - 07-02-2016 10:38 PM