Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
10-11-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
Spells are still not 100% correct Tongue https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issue...t-25727934

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2013 04:54 AM by Xenomic.)
So, after using the newest build, for the most part everything works fine. There are a few issues here and there, mostly concerning FMVs where the screen garbles up and it doesn't want to restore the screen to normal (it stays black afterwards). I noticed this in particular with the Leviathan scene and the first part of the ending FMV too (it also happens during the second FMV). I bypassed this problem by turning off Stencil Drawing and the Bezier thing.

In addition, and I'm not sure if this is due to PPSSPP, the rom, or if it actually happens in the actual PSP game itself, but during Cecil's Lunar Trial, if you complete the very first trial and move on, regardless of what you do in that trial, it seems to teleport you into a black void wall, where you can't move anywhere, but can still open the menu. Thought I'd point that one out (no screenshot needed here as it's pretty self-explanatory).

I have also noticed some weird drops in FPS during battles (I turned on FPS to see how things were. On the overworld, it's at 100% most of the time, but in battles it tends to drop to 70% at random, and sometimes worse in specific dungeons).

But for the most part, the game is fully playable at least (well, FFIV is. Haven't tried Interlude or TAY yet...).

EDIT - Ok, so it's not just one room that has this issue (the first room that teleported me into the void and left me stranded was a room in Cecil's Lunar Trial, and I'm guessing it was a Baron area judging from the music). I had this happen elsewhere in the Lunar Ruins where going down a floor (again, Baron music playing) will leave you stranded in a white area. Again, not sure if it's the rom or emulator, but I know it's not something that happens in the PSP version proper...at least I hope it's not.
10-27-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 08:38 PM by wolverine79936.)
Question Final Fantasy IV Complete
I have been researching this for the last few days now and everyone keeps swearing that it is now playable. I can get the text, there are no wierd things except for the white lines on the screen, but I can deal with that. Even got the sound working finally.

My issue is this... I get to the Mist Dragon at the end of the first cave, and whenever the dragon tries to go to mist mode, the whole program crashes. I finally figured out how to fight fast enough and hard enough to kill the dragon prior to mist mode. Now, I'm at the end of the mist village scenario with Rydia trying to summon her Titan, but right as she goes to summon the Titan, the program crashes again, and I can't think of any way to fight her prior to the titan as you are not suppose to kill her.

Does anyone have any suggestion or ideas for fixing this issue? Perhaps I have missed something very obvious in the settings for the game?

Please help me.

(10-27-2013 08:30 PM)wolverine79936 Wrote:  I have been researching this for the last few days now and everyone keeps swearing that it is now playable. I can get the text, there are no wierd things except for the white lines on the screen, but I can deal with that. Even got the sound working finally.

My issue is this... I get to the Mist Dragon at the end of the first cave, and whenever the dragon tries to go to mist mode, the whole program crashes. I finally figured out how to fight fast enough and hard enough to kill the dragon prior to mist mode. Now, I'm at the end of the mist village scenario with Rydia trying to summon her Titan, but right as she goes to summon the Titan, the program crashes again, and I can't think of any way to fight her prior to the titan as you are not suppose to kill her.

Does anyone have any suggestion or ideas for fixing this issue? Perhaps I have missed something very obvious in the settings for the game?

Please help me.

I'm rerunning the scenario with Rydia and keep running into the same crash... However, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't memory related...? One time the titan loads all the way and the game crashes, the next the titan get an attack out and the game crashes and the third time it crashes again right before the titan can load.
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete
I just downloaded the absolute latest build of ppsspp and am still having trouble when Rydia summons her Titan. Sad
10-28-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 12:58 AM by solarmystic.)
Mods, please merge this thread with the existing one for the game here:-
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...al+Fantasy

Now, wolverine79936, to help you we need some further details:

1. Your system specs and platform (PC/Android/IOS etc)

2. If on PC, please provide a debug log leading up to the crash. You can do so by double clicking on the Log.bat file at the root of the PPSSPP folder, running the game until it crashes, and uploading the ppsspp.log file produced onto a filehoster, preferably pastebin. Ensure that enable debug logging option is checked in the Developer Tools under System.(should be enabled by default)

3. The version of the game (US/EU etc)

4. Provide the Windows Error Reporting information as well, along with the faulty module.

As a reference, the game still works fine for me when Rydia summons Titan for the first time, and it does not crash either. Tested using my rig in signature on Windows 7 x64 and the latest dev build from the buildbot v0.9.1-2214-ge5d802e with the EU version of the game

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
10-28-2013, 02:46 AM
(10-28-2013 12:55 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  Mods, please merge this thread with the existing one for the game here:-
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...al+Fantasy

Now, wolverine79936, to help you we need some further details:

1. Your system specs and platform (PC/Android/IOS etc)

2. If on PC, please provide a debug log leading up to the crash. You can do so by double clicking on the Log.bat file at the root of the PPSSPP folder, running the game until it crashes, and uploading the ppsspp.log file produced onto a filehoster, preferably pastebin. Ensure that enable debug logging option is checked in the Developer Tools under System.(should be enabled by default)

3. The version of the game (US/EU etc)

4. Provide the Windows Error Reporting information as well, along with the faulty module.

As a reference, the game still works fine for me when Rydia summons Titan for the first time, and it does not crash either. Tested using my rig in signature on Windows 7 x64 and the latest dev build from the buildbot v0.9.1-2214-ge5d802e with the EU version of the game

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Actually, Solarmystic, I took a stab in the dark this evening and managed to resolve the issue myself. I went back to the complete list of builds and grabbed the exact same build, but for x86 and the problem is resolved. There is something "peculiar" about the 64-bit version of the client. I tried 'em all (64-bit) and none of them would work right when it came to boss fights and summons, but the x86 version works beautifully. I just cured Rosa of the Desert fever and am getting ready to head to Mt. Hobbs or whatever it is called.

Thank you, though.
Code:
But if it will still help, here are mys specs and the rest of the info you requested:

AMD Phenom II X3 700e 2.4 GHz
Windows 7 64-bit
3 GB of RAM
500 GB Hard Drive

Unfortunately, it will take me a day or two, busy this week, to get the log file.

It's the US version of the game.

And again, the windows log will take a little time as well. Sorry.

Hope this helps you all. And like I said, I'll try to get you the debug stuff in the next few days. Smile
10-30-2013, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 10:06 AM by Gazmanafc.)
(10-13-2013 11:50 PM)Xenomic Wrote:  So, after using the newest build, for the most part everything works fine. There are a few issues here and there, mostly concerning FMVs where the screen garbles up and it doesn't want to restore the screen to normal (it stays black afterwards). I noticed this in particular with the Leviathan scene and the first part of the ending FMV too (it also happens during the second FMV). I bypassed this problem by turning off Stencil Drawing and the Bezier thing

This has happened to me too, namely with the video where the Enterprise crash lands in the Underworld before going into the Dwarven Castle.

But any attempt at a remedy has come up fruitless. The video is garbled, then black screen indefinitely, and that's on the latest release: 2280-gcbe8245

It's a shame because it's halted my FF4 Lets Play.

Gary M. Gadsdon
Visit my Youtube Lets Play channel at http://youtube.com/awwlilmaggie
or my own website at http://babysimpson.co.uk
Simple Machines Lead Customiser - http://simplemachines.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2013, 02:38 AM
Hmm, didn't the videos used to work? When did this start? This happens with default settings aside from the stencil hack?

-[Unknown]
10-31-2013, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 05:39 PM by Gazmanafc.)
(10-31-2013 02:38 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  When did this start?
That I wouldn't be able to tell you.

(10-31-2013 02:38 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  This happens with default settings aside from the stencil hack?
Indeed, it occurs on default. So far, it's only happened to the video of the airship crashing in the Underworld, everything else has been fine.

I doubt it'd make any difference to you, but I'm running the x64 version.

Gary M. Gadsdon
Visit my Youtube Lets Play channel at http://youtube.com/awwlilmaggie
or my own website at http://babysimpson.co.uk
Simple Machines Lead Customiser - http://simplemachines.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2013, 03:00 AM
(10-31-2013 09:15 AM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  

(10-31-2013 02:38 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  This happens with default settings aside from the stencil hack?
Indeed, it occurs on default. So far, it's only happened to the video of the airship crashing in the Underworld, everything else has been fine.

I'm having the same issue (Graphic garbling then blackscreen when first going in the Underworld) on the 32-bit version of the latest build. I've run through the gamut of possible rendering options, with no success.

PC Build for reference:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
GPU: AMD HD 6850
11-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Figured out in my case a possible cause, and an explanation why the 32 and 64-bit builds behave differently. When I first tried out PPSSPP, I downloaded the 2010 SP1 runtime redists from MS, and these seemed to cause a crash in MSVCR100.DLL; uninstalling those and installing the 2010 (non-SP1) runtime seemed to make PPSSPP work. I'm guessing that different versions of the runtime for x86 and x64 would explain the behavior you've seen, wolverine. Would still be nice to have the emu forward-compatible with the later runtime versions though Smile
11-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Hm, that's a worrying issue. Maybe we don't have VS SP1 installed on our build server? I'll have to ask Orphis...
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
It is an intriguing situation, either way.

I'm approximately half way through ff4 finally, just got done with golbez and have kane on my side once again. Gotta go find the dark crystals.

Either way, 32-bit appears to be stable for the most part. I keep running through the loggin command so that when something does happen again, which I know it will, I can post the log here.

I did have trouble in the tower where you fight golbez. I killed all the marionettes but the puppeteer went to summon more after I killed the three marionettes and then the game crashed. Unfortunately, I was not quite awake at the time and had not run the logger that time. So *pfft* Sad

But I'm fairly sure I should have some logs in the near future. After I get the FF4 and FF4-2, I'm going to replay through 64-bit and produce even more logs for y'all. Wink
11-09-2013, 02:34 AM
(11-07-2013 03:00 AM)MrStewart Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 09:15 AM)Gazmanafc Wrote:  

I'm having the same issue (Graphic garbling then blackscreen when first going in the Underworld) on the 32-bit version of the latest build. I've run through the gamut of possible rendering options, with no success.

PC Build for reference:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
GPU: AMD HD 6850

I'm having the same problem.
11-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I first had this problem on Mt. Hobs just before the fight with the Earth fiend when the treasure chest became pixelated and again with Cecil just after becoming Paladin. The FMV doesn't mess up until the Enterprise crash FMV when you get to the Underground for the first time where the Fps drops to less than 30 and stays at black screen. I'm using the v0.9.1-2165-g4cc6171 build.