Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
i tried out the new update, but yeah im still having issues with this game on nexus 7, i dont quite know which configurations i should apply to actually be able to play it in a "enjoyable "okay" way " so if anyone could assist me ill be grateful , by the way i Redownloaded the atrac3+ plugin from the audio options and the music comes to life after that, although im having way too much issues with the stutter audio and graphical issues, thats pal1000 for the previous assistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 03:06 PM by pal1000.)
squallypo Wrote:  i tried out the new update, but yeah im still having issues with this game on nexus 7, i dont quite know which configurations i should apply to actually be able to play it in a "enjoyable "okay" way " so if anyone could assist me ill be grateful , by the way i Redownloaded the atrac3+ plugin from the audio options and the music comes to life after that, although im having way too much issues with the stutter audio and graphical issues, thats pal1000 for the previous assistance

Audio shutter is a frequent issue on mobile devices for pretty much all games, regarding other graphical issues try disabling Hardware Transform in Game Settings - Graphics, you need to scroll down a bit to see the option.

Upgrading PPSSPP to v0.9.1-703-g74418c1 and up makes this game playable again by checking Disable stencil test in Game Settings - Graphics.
Note: You will have scroll down a lot to find the option, because it's located in Hack settings section near the bottom end.
09-09-2013, 04:40 PM
should i also put non-buffered rendering ? cause if i leave it by default in that part , on the beginning when the scene changes from the ships to inside the ship with cecil talking the screen goes black.
09-10-2013, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 06:55 AM by pal1000.)
(09-09-2013 04:40 PM)squallypo Wrote:  should i also put non-buffered rendering ? cause if i leave it by default in that part , on the beginning when the scene changes from the ships to inside the ship with cecil talking the screen goes black.
You should try, I don't have any mobile device to test on. This game looks best with Buffered rendering ON, at least on PC. I couldn't reproduce your issue on my system. It's best to write an issue ticket on PPSSPP GitHub Page(GitHub account required) to get quicker replies.
09-13-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm also having trouble with FF4. My sound is fine but I'm having some graphical issues. Lightning and fire spells drag lines and look terrible. The white line on the world map is present and sometimes the map glitches [mountain entrances for example shake like lavos from chrono trigger is coming out of the ground]. Also battle menus overlap character information and makes it hard to read the commands for your party.

Is there any way to fix these issues?
09-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Let's take this one step at a time:

Quote:Lightning and fire spells drag lines and look terrible

Nothing you can do on your end to fix it. It's related to a PSP GPU feature called "Bezier curves", which we don't emulate properly yet.

Quote:The white line on the world map is present

Another thing you can't remedy on your own. It's a known graphical glitch. As for the cause, I don't think we know why yet.

Quote:for example shake like lavos from chrono trigger is coming out of the ground

Disable Hardware Transform.

As for the overlapping thing, perhaps mess with the Disable Stencil Test or Always Depth Write hacks under Graphics(near the bottom on newer development builds, it's not in 0.9.1 official). If neither fix it, then there's nothing you can do right now.

Sorry if the answer disappoints, but FF4 isn't really ready for prime-time yet.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-22-2013, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2013 02:18 PM by TheDax.)
FF4's spell graphics should be at least somewhat improved now with v0.9.1-1139-g5002501 and newer, thanks to Henrik implementing more accurate Bezier curves.

(Click/touch for full size):
[Image: iT2CfKmN4qJkM.jpg]

They're not 100% correct, but definitely better than before.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
09-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Thumbs Down RE: Final Fantasy IV : The complete collection
Hi guy's. I got good news for you. whith the lastest version by disabling the stencil test in the graphics settings you can start seen the letters in the game and start playng
09-28-2013, 12:29 AM
(09-27-2013 11:46 PM)tochovet Wrote:  Hi guy's. I got good news for you. whith the lastest version by disabling the stencil test in the graphics settings you can start seen the letters in the game and start playng

some eagle eyes you've got there! thanks for the heads up!Wink
10-08-2013, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 12:53 AM by Moonlitegundam.)
unfortunately it crashes when you go into an overworld battle Sad

Edit: i found out if you use the Log program in the emulator folder, the battle screen works, just incase anyone else has that problem.
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I have found a fix for the text, it now works without the stencil hack Smile Also fixed a crash bug when using some big spells.
10-10-2013, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 11:20 PM by solarmystic.)
(10-10-2013 07:28 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I have found a fix for the text, it now works without the stencil hack Smile Also fixed a crash bug when using some big spells.

It's rather mindboggling that it just involved a single line's attributes being swapped around, thanks so much for the proper fix Henrik.

To the rest, FFIV text is finally properly fixed from v0.9.1-1674-gb832508 onwards, again, thanks to Henrik. The use of the hack is no longer required, and everything displays properly, even during combat.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
10-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks Henrik, the text problem is fixed and it looks great. Just a quick question. Whenever I have texture scaling on it doesn't work for some of the character sprites. They still look a bit jaggy. Like in this pic, all the battle sprites look smooth except for Edge.

[Image: dvBIx9O.jpg]
10-11-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 06:48 AM by Henrik.)
If a texture changes a lot, we turn off texture scaling. This prevents extreme performance drops in a few games.

However it can surely be tweaked some more...

By the way, wow, apart from that, texture scaling looks great there.
10-11-2013, 06:49 AM
(10-10-2013 11:19 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 07:28 PM)Henrik Wrote:  I have found a fix for the text, it now works without the stencil hack Smile Also fixed a crash bug when using some big spells.

It's rather mindboggling that it just involved a single line's attributes being swapped around, thanks so much for the proper fix Henrik.

Not really, it was the change before that that was the real fix Smile